TravelTalkOnline

Alternate to Cooper Beach Club

Posted By: Crown31

Alternate to Cooper Beach Club - 08/24/2016 01:56 AM

1st Charter, 5 days, 1st week of October. Was planning Cooper 1st night (Norman last night) but now I know they're closed. Other recommendations? Peter instead?
Posted By: Kryssa

Re: Alternate to Cooper Beach Club - 08/24/2016 03:06 AM

If you're planning to have dinner on shore, just know Peter has a dress code - that's why we don't go there :P
Posted By: warren460

Re: Alternate to Cooper Beach Club - 08/24/2016 08:04 AM

The dress code might not be a major limitation. Write to them for particulars , it's not as stuffy as the old days.
Posted By: dayhiker

Re: Alternate to Cooper Beach Club - 08/24/2016 01:59 PM

I don't recall us wearing anything special when we ate there June 2014. We probably wore khaki shorts and golf shirts instead of swim trunks and t-shirts. I think the only time we ate out in swim trunks and t-shirts was Hog Heaven, and that was only because we were driving back from the Baths.
Posted By: Murdock

Re: Alternate to Cooper Beach Club - 08/24/2016 02:49 PM

Peter dress code is much more relaxed (as previously mentioned) than it used to be.

Shorts and nice shirt are acceptable these days...
Posted By: Crown31

Re: Alternate to Cooper Beach Club - 08/24/2016 06:51 PM

Thanks for info...would Cooper still be the better anchorage for the night?
Posted By: Breeze

Re: Alternate to Cooper Beach Club - 08/24/2016 08:21 PM

Just switch it up. Make Norman your first night and JVD your last. Take a mooring behind Water Point ( almost) in the Bight and enjoy the great snorkling shoreside there, enjoy the Bight's shelter for dingy trip to the Caves, and get yourself fed at Pirates or Willy T.

Truly, I would not be averse to spending first night in Benures Bay, but that would certainly mean breaking into provisions and feeding the crew on the boat, or on the beach. No shirts, no shoes, no service. Maybe even no....... ummmm clothes, if you had it to yourself, or others of the same mind were there with you. I've seen that happen. Not to be counted upon, but in October, a good hand to play.

You really want to spend a wad, have at it. Burgers in paradise taste pretty good when they come off the boat grill, just don't wait for the sun to sink before you start, or you will be grilling by flashlight. Cold adult beverages don't need to be 10 bucks apiece to taste good.

It is your vacation. Take hold of it.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline