TravelTalkOnline

Best casual evening restaurant/bar - Roadtown area

Posted By: Kryssa

Best casual evening restaurant/bar - Roadtown area - 10/01/2016 07:30 PM

We will be back in the marina for the last night of our charter for the first time this year and leaving on the 9:00 am ferry.

Thinking about heading away from the charter bases - we have two boats, one at Moorings and one at Horizon. We've eaten at both and never been super impressed.

Can you suggest a fun place with good food, drinks, and service for a group of 7 to hang out at for a few hours on a Saturday night? Somewhere easy to get to from Roadtown & Nanny Cay.

Thanks!
Posted By: warren460

Re: Best casual evening restaurant/bar - Roadtown area - 10/02/2016 02:45 AM

Bananakeet. Long taxi ride. Beautiful sunset. .
Posted By: Tortolian

Re: Best casual evening restaurant/bar - Roadtown area - 10/02/2016 03:19 AM

Sharkys at Road Reef is about in the middle and is decent, casual food, with good views and breezes.
Posted By: sleepychef

Re: Best casual evening restaurant/bar - Roadtown area - 10/02/2016 02:20 PM

The Cab best place in town just now
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Best casual evening restaurant/bar - Roadtown area - 10/02/2016 03:51 PM

Capriccio in Roadtown..or take a cab to " The Sugar Mill" and dine in style on your last night!
Posted By: rita_irvine

Re: Best casual evening restaurant/bar - Roadtown area - 10/02/2016 04:03 PM

I second Capriccio. Right in town, great food.
Posted By: Sunnykm

Re: Best casual evening restaurant/bar - Roadtown area - 10/02/2016 04:07 PM

Where is The Cab?
Posted By: warren460

Re: Best casual evening restaurant/bar - Roadtown area - 10/02/2016 05:51 PM

The sugar mill is real nice too. How about Sebastian's.
Posted By: casailor53

Re: Best casual evening restaurant/bar - Roadtown area - 10/02/2016 06:25 PM

Sunnykm said:
Where is The Cab?

It's the old Le Cabannon, right on Waterfront just east of Pusser's Pub
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Best casual evening restaurant/bar - Roadtown area - 10/02/2016 08:13 PM

The Sugar Mill is a few ticks above Seb's..and close in price..
Posted By: LianeLeTendre

Re: Best casual evening restaurant/bar - Roadtown area - 10/03/2016 11:13 PM

I also agree with Capriccio's. My family loves going there and the food is darn good.

Another good choice (if you like Japanese food) is Origin
Posted By: bvislandsfan

Re: Best casual evening restaurant/bar - Roadtown area - 10/03/2016 11:56 PM

Another vote for Capriccio. We have ferried over from VG just to eat here. Great atmosphere, friendly staff. All meals are excellent here. At the end of our meal, we always order pizzas to go back to VG with.
Posted By: MarkS

Re: Best casual evening restaurant/bar - Roadtown area - 10/04/2016 12:06 AM

I absolutely love The Pub.
Posted By: maryqueenofshots

Re: Best casual evening restaurant/bar - Roadtown area - 10/05/2016 06:10 AM

Unfortunately The Cab (formerly "Le Cabanon" and now "The Cabernet Bar and Grill" - hence "The Cab" to everyone!) is not open on Saturdays. It will be a taxi ride for all of you to go anywhere on Saturday night since there is not much going on in town (in my honest opinion, Capriccio's is great, but really just a place to have some pasta or pizza, but not somewhere to "hang out", and Pusser's is just "ok" at best). I would highly suggest the Tamarind Club, near Josiah's Bay (heading east from town, just about a 12 minute ride by taxi from the Moorings on a Saturday night - but those of your group staying at Nanny Cay with Horizon would have that 12 minute ride + the 15 minutes it will take to ride from Nanny Cay to Moorings). Great atmosphere at Tamarind - open air, serene surrounding, with very welcoming hosts and "regulars" alike. The food is excellent - large portions, super tasty and very reasonable prices! The drinks are the same - large, tasty and reasonably priced (and Tamarind is one of only three places in the BVI with draft beer (Heineken). A bonus there is the large pool with a swim-up bar that is open to anyone who comes by for drinks and/or food! Might be a nice way to relax and float around for your "last hurrah!" Absolutely worth the taxi ride if you ask me and a great way to end a holiday in the BVI!
Posted By: BayCruiser

Re: Best casual evening restaurant/bar - Roadtown area - 10/05/2016 04:59 PM

I second The Pub. West side of Road Harbour and about half way between the two bases.
Posted By: Kirk

Re: Best casual evening restaurant/bar - Roadtown area - 10/05/2016 06:30 PM

We've pretty much started and ended each of our last 4 charters at the Pub. Great place for everybody to meet after dumping their bags on the boat when they arrive on island.
Posted By: HoosierDaddy

Re: Best casual evening restaurant/bar - Roadtown area - 10/05/2016 08:31 PM

We tend to do Capriccio de Mare (SP?) only because it is a convenient walk from Moorings/Sunsail base.

I like The Pub but that is a cab ride away from us, well maybe not, last year our Dingy was at the dock with our boat. Didn't expect that from previous charters when the dingy was delivered just prior to leaving the base. We could have taken the dingy over to The Pub but it was night, and we were tired from our all day travels from Michigan to Road Town.
Posted By: Kryssa

Re: Best casual evening restaurant/bar - Roadtown area - 10/06/2016 04:35 PM

Thanks all!

Question - is The Pub different than Pusser's Pub?
Posted By: Kirk

Re: Best casual evening restaurant/bar - Roadtown area - 10/06/2016 05:06 PM

Kryssa said:
Thanks all!

Question - is The Pub different than Pusser's Pub?

Yup. It's at the Marina where Conch Charters is...Fort Burt Marina I guess it's called. TMM is down near there too.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline