TravelTalkOnline

Thanksgiving

Posted By: Genie

Thanksgiving - 11/11/2016 06:05 PM

Hi,
Anyone have a good suggestion for Thanksgiving dinner in BVI? Last year we are at Bitter End but it was very expensive $500 for 2 adults and 3 kids. We are looking for something more casual. We did Caneel Bay for Christmas Eve and that was also very steep pricing. Getting excited!! Wheels up in 1 week!! We will be on boat so need place we can dinghy into.
Posted By: RickBlaine

Re: Thanksgiving - 11/11/2016 06:52 PM

We've had a few great Thanksgiving meals at Sandcastle. Def not cheap but I don't remember it being as much as you paid at BEYC.
Posted By: Kryssa

Re: Thanksgiving - 11/11/2016 07:46 PM

We did Myatts in CGB in 2014 and that was a winner - very casual but I don't remember the cost.
Posted By: Breeze

Re: Thanksgiving - 11/11/2016 08:12 PM

If you choose to " go out for dinner" on Thanksgiving or Christmas Eve or Christmas Day in the US ( at least in my neck of the woods) you are going to pay a very (very) hefty premium for the privilege.

Should it be different in the BVI ?

Keep it casual, do it yourself. Make your own celebration.
Posted By: BaardJ

Re: Thanksgiving - 11/11/2016 09:52 PM

We've done Thanksgiving dinner at Brandywine Estate and at the updated Cooper Island Beach Club. Both were fine, but by far the best turkey dinner we ever experienced was at Fat Virgin's Cafe. Buffet style with an amazing variety of delicious side dishes. Price was very reasonable. Call well in advance to reserve as many expat's and locals from VG go there for T-day dinner.

We arrive at STT late afternoon on Thanksgiving Day, but unfortunately too late to get to Fat Virgin's Cafe.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Thanksgiving - 11/11/2016 10:39 PM

The Wonky Dog on Anegada is putting out a great spread for Thanksgiving.
Posted By: PHILLY_GUY

Re: Thanksgiving - 11/12/2016 12:14 AM

Genie

For the last several visits we have eaten at Pussers Marina Cay. They offer both traditional Thanksgiving dinner and the usual menu.

We booked a reservation in advance.

I thought the food was fine and the prices are reasonable.
Posted By: NickR

Re: Thanksgiving - 11/12/2016 06:04 PM

Take a look at the menu for Levericks Bay Thanksgiving dinner Genie, go to www.therestaurantatleverickbay.com
Prices and quality are de best mon
Posted By: maryqueenofshots

Re: Thanksgiving - 11/12/2016 08:26 PM

Fish 'n Lime in west end, Tortola is doing a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. And they have their own dinghy dock if you are docked at Soper's it's a quick ride!
Posted By: Breeze

Re: Thanksgiving - 11/12/2016 08:56 PM

I think the URL that NickR meant was

http://www.leverickrestaurant.com/thanksgiving-2016.html
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Thanksgiving - 11/13/2016 08:57 PM

Maybe this?

http://m.leverickrestaurant.com/site/thanksgiving-2016.html?imz_st
Posted By: wmangum

Re: Thanksgiving - 11/13/2016 11:50 PM

The Wonky Dog is not doing a Thanksgiving dinner this year. Neptune's Treasure is doing Thanksgiving dinner.
Posted By: sleepychef

Re: Thanksgiving - 11/15/2016 01:53 AM

We did a Thanksgiving menu last year and everyone ordered Lobster.....The menu that was referred to is for New Years Eve
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline