TravelTalkOnline

Bitter End Yacht Club

Posted By: lrmenk

Bitter End Yacht Club - 01/24/2017 07:29 PM

Spending 2 nights in a slip at BYC. What ammenities are included? Can we use the pool?
Posted By: rhans

Re: Bitter End Yacht Club - 01/24/2017 08:11 PM

Not sure about the pool at BEYC but you can across the Sound at Leverick
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Bitter End Yacht Club - 01/24/2017 08:45 PM

I would split your time and do a day at Leverick.
G
Posted By: gordapeak

Re: Bitter End Yacht Club - 01/24/2017 08:54 PM

I'm with George, only I'd do both at Leverick. Always feel a lot more comfortable there.
Posted By: scott1269

Re: Bitter End Yacht Club - 01/25/2017 12:50 AM

gordapeak said:
I'm with George, only I'd do both at Leverick. Always feel a lot more comfortable there.

Ditto on both nights at Leverick
Posted By: MarkS

Re: Bitter End Yacht Club - 01/25/2017 12:55 AM

Bitter End Yacht Club charges $10 per person to use their pool. We like their pool. Leverick is great as well. We typically do a day at each.
Posted By: RickinAtlanta

Re: Bitter End Yacht Club - 01/25/2017 02:55 AM

lrmenk said:
Spending 2 nights in a slip at BYC. What ammenities are included? Can we use the pool?

Maybe ask BYC???
Posted By: Jccarr

Re: Bitter End Yacht Club - 01/25/2017 06:15 AM

From Leverick you can drive to other parts of the island like the baths but you can not from beyc.
Posted By: swanny

Re: Bitter End Yacht Club - 01/25/2017 12:51 PM

I don't understand the bad press that some, not all, but some of the people on here give the BEYC. Have been visiting there since 1977, and have always had a wonderful time, people friendly, foot terrific, drinks perfect, beaches, places to spend nights on land, many mooring spots, great service station at pier, any water sport equipment you could wish for. Some people just seem to have a problem with BEYC. Don't let them bother you. It is a wonderful place.
Posted By: bviboater

Re: Bitter End Yacht Club - 01/25/2017 01:14 PM

BEYC is THE best spot in North Sound .... but lets keep some little secrets please.
Posted By: denverd0n

Re: Bitter End Yacht Club - 01/25/2017 01:45 PM

I don't think anyone has a "problem" with BEYC. It's just that many have a preference for Leverick. They're both very nice, and I wouldn't ever tell someone that it is a bad idea to stay at BEYC. Been there, done that, and probably will again. No "problem" with BEYC at all. But all in all, I just like Leverick better.

That said, the simple answer to the OPs question is, check their website... www.beyc.com

If the answer is not right there on the website, then they have contact information and they can certainly give you a more accurate answer than the people on this forum can.

Good luck, and enjoy your visit.
Posted By: StormJib

Re: Bitter End Yacht Club - 01/25/2017 02:41 PM

Each day and crew will be different. On most trips we will spend at least one full day in North Sound with some of the crew spending time at BEYC. BEYC has more shade and lush greenery. Those that choose to spend the daylight hours at BEYC usually enjoy the light salad like fare offered at the pool for lunch. There is a casual elegance about BEYC. For those the need a "bar". Saba is a short dinghy ride away. Along with snorkeling and all of North Sound.

Leverick does have something like a marina, a washer and dryer. Leverick is a good place to park and rent a car to explore Virgin Gorda. Leverick would get more visit time from us with less concrete and more shade. Goldilocks is still in search of the perfect perch in North Sound. If you hand around BEYC you will see many grandfathers that fund the entire family to visit with him there on his tab. There is something for everyone to do at BEYC at all activity levels. Bring your AMEX card. Hospitality comes at a price.
Posted By: Kirk

Re: Bitter End Yacht Club - 01/25/2017 04:32 PM

bviboater said:
BEYC is THE best spot in North Sound .... but lets keep some little secrets please.

Gotta give some love for sitting at Saba Rock with a chilled adult beverage watching the sun go down too!

I like all the spots!
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: Bitter End Yacht Club - 01/25/2017 04:52 PM

If we have one day in North Sound we like to have lunch at the pub at BEYC. The pizza is great, nice view, TV's, pool table and dart board. We usually head over to Leverick late afternoon and spend the night. Best of both worlds.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline