TravelTalkOnline

one day charters BVI Road Town

Posted By: Boatwidow

one day charters BVI Road Town - 02/19/2017 02:06 PM

Does anyone in the bvi (Tortola) do day charters for 25 people? Need to get from Road Town to white bay or Norman? Going to be there on a cruise;)
Posted By: StormJib

Re: one day charters BVI Road Town - 02/19/2017 02:51 PM

Boatwidow said:
Does anyone in the bvi (Tortola) do day charters for 25 people? Need to get from Road Town to white bay or Norman? Going to be there on a cruise;)

Are you sure you have the time to do that? If you are on a cruise and want to move that many people away from the ship? I would work with the ship to make that happen. Trying to swim out and plan this on your own in the third world is a good way to have that ship sail without you and get left behind? Then what?

Re: one day charters BVI Road Town - 02/19/2017 02:54 PM

Txs but we know the bvi all to well;)
Posted By: bukovsrp

Re: one day charters BVI Road Town - 02/19/2017 07:00 PM

We used Voyage yachts I-Speed power boat several years ago when we had a group landlocked on Virgin Gorda. Really cool, fast boat. We were able to see all our favorite spots. I don't see them listed anymore. Maybe someone knows if they are still available and how to contact.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: one day charters BVI Road Town - 02/19/2017 08:02 PM

I Speed has not been in service for quite a while. There are daysails but you have limited time with that many folks...
Posted By: Will_L

Re: one day charters BVI Road Town - 02/19/2017 08:58 PM

I have a friend that owns this company. Great guy..they certainly could get you there and back on fast ribs. They do work with some of the cruise ship lines. He has several of the large ribs but don't know what his deal with the cruise ships is. I had a friend take his tour off a cruise ship a couple weeks ago and said it was the most fun of the cruise. Again I have no interest in the business and don't know whether he can commit two or three to your group but I would certainly check. Think they hold 10 or 12 passengers.

http://bviadventuretours.com
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: one day charters BVI Road Town - 02/19/2017 10:21 PM

Boatwidow said:
Txs but we know the bvi all to well;)

Hah..no one knows the BVI or for that matter anything else as well as Stormjib aka Ron

Re: one day charters BVI Road Town - 02/20/2017 01:09 AM

Sorry, I was not aware this was a competition! But I understand now. Thank you
Posted By: AgapeCottages

Re: one day charters BVI Road Town - 02/20/2017 12:39 PM

Aristocat is a favorite of our guests when staying at Agape and they have a boat located within walking distance of the cruise pier. I would reach out to them and see if they can have a 2nd boat moved to Road Town on the day you want to take your trip.

Great folks and they offer a very fun day sail...

Enjoy!

Re: one day charters BVI Road Town - 02/20/2017 02:21 PM

Txs to all of you who gave us great information!! We are looking so forward to skating around for the day;) 😎
Posted By: StormJib

Re: one day charters BVI Road Town - 02/20/2017 06:23 PM

Certainly passengers take day trips while cruise ships are in for the day or night. Taking personal responsibility outside of the ships sponsored partners to get more than 20 fellow passengers on boats to the outer islands and back before the ship departs is something I would try to avoid taking any responsibility for. If your group of 20 plus misses the ship departure then what? Not to mention trying to play treasurer for the group. No all people pay what they promise when they promise.

If you would be delighted to fund the entire side adventure and any surprises out of your own purse. Then please leap right into these plans.

You have not posted the number of hours you have for this adventure?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline