TravelTalkOnline

Bayview Vacation Apartments Virgin Gorda

Posted By: Greaseman

Bayview Vacation Apartments Virgin Gorda - 10/13/2017 02:35 PM

Any updates regarding the Bayview Vacation Apartments on Virgin Gorda? Thank you
Posted By: rita_irvine

Re: Bayview Vacation Apartments Virgin Gorda - 10/13/2017 03:44 PM

Chez Bamboo/Bath and Turtle is right in front of Bayview. If it is any indication, the cement building that houses the restaurants and the apartment above occupied by Rose Giacinto were heavily damaged. The top story apartment lost the roof and two exterior cement walls exposing the entire top floor. The floor between the first and second story is crumbling. There was a video on the dive BVI site that did a drive by of the area about 2 weeks after the hurricane.
Posted By: Maria_and_Steve

Re: Bayview Vacation Apartments Virgin Gorda - 10/13/2017 03:51 PM

So sad for Nora at Bayview Apartments. She is such a nice lady.
Posted By: bvislandsfan

Re: Bayview Vacation Apartments Virgin Gorda - 10/13/2017 06:45 PM

I read that Bayview had little to no damage, and is rented at full capacity right now.
Posted By: CaribSoul

Re: Bayview Vacation Apartments Virgin Gorda - 10/16/2017 02:03 AM

Where did you read that? Please share your source?

Shari
Posted By: bvislandsfan

Re: Bayview Vacation Apartments Virgin Gorda - 10/17/2017 04:02 PM

I saw it on Facebook, posted by Tracey Galloway on Sept. 30 to the BVI Abroad page.
Posted By: CaribSoul

Re: Bayview Vacation Apartments Virgin Gorda - 10/18/2017 01:15 AM

Hi BVIslandFan,

Thanks for the reply. The happy news is that Nora and Gafford are safe. Can't imagine what they, and everyone else there experienced through the wrath of Irma.

My apologies if my reply sounded as a challenge, but communication directly from Nora reported that Bayview did suffer damage. They are diligently working to repair, and reporting materials are difficult to obtain.

As to Bayview occupancy, knowing Nora and Gafford, it does not surprise me that Bayview is occupied, even if it is in damaged state. They likely are sheltering family, friends, displaced neighbors, workers or other VG property owners. They are the kindest folks I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, and I hope to visit them again soon (2018, God willing).

Best regards, and good travels,
Shari
Posted By: Greaseman

Re: Bayview Vacation Apartments Virgin Gorda - 10/18/2017 01:49 PM

Agree with Shari We spend 5 weeks each winter with them. Hopefully will be able to be with them again this winter
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline