TravelTalkOnline

Charter Companies that are Open

Posted By: kermit

Charter Companies that are Open - 01/14/2018 10:54 PM

Hello All,

We are looking to come back down for a week in March. We typically charter through Horizon, which I just sent an email to, but wanted to see what other bases are operational. We know Moorings is as well and they do have availability the week we are looking at, but wanted to see what other options we have. There is just three of us, so we just need something with two cabins.

Thank you in advance!
Kermit
Posted By: jagmansr

Re: Charter Companies that are Open - 01/15/2018 12:09 AM

Contact Captains Compass Brent has been chartering boats since December (post Irma)
Posted By: rfrimmel

Re: Charter Companies that are Open - 01/15/2018 12:58 AM

Just booked with CYOA for June
Posted By: warren460

Re: Charter Companies that are Open - 01/15/2018 01:53 AM

TMM has been open since December.
Posted By: agrimsrud

Re: Charter Companies that are Open - 01/15/2018 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by kermit
Hello All,

We are looking to come back down for a week in March. We typically charter through Horizon, which I just sent an email to, but wanted to see what other bases are operational. We know Moorings is as well and they do have availability the week we are looking at, but wanted to see what other options we have. There is just three of us, so we just need something with two cabins.

Thank you in advance!
Kermit

Does anyone know of a charter company that's closed?

Re: Charter Companies that are Open - 01/15/2018 01:57 AM

I don’t think that voyage is open. I hope that I am wrong.
Posted By: agrimsrud

Re: Charter Companies that are Open - 01/15/2018 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by warren460
I don’t think that voyage is open. I hope that I am wrong.

ok, good point. But you wouldn't get a 2 cabin boat from Voyage. Anybody else that may be closed at this point?
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Charter Companies that are Open - 01/15/2018 02:15 AM

Voyage is alive and well

Re: Charter Companies that are Open - 01/15/2018 03:10 AM

Great news.

Thank you.
Posted By: CaptainJay

Re: Charter Companies that are Open - 01/15/2018 11:53 AM

Hello All,

Thank you in advance!
Kermit

We are open at CYOA and have a brand new Beneteau 38 joining the fleet in February. Click on the link below.

Always Sunny CYOA Beneteau Oceanis 38

Jay
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Charter Companies that are Open - 01/15/2018 01:21 PM

That 38 is a FUN boat!! If you are looking to charter from St. Thomas as opposed to Tortola, I highly recommend....we had a blast on that boat.

If you are looking in Tortola, BVI Yacht Charters has a couple of them as well.
Posted By: LauraTheTshirtGal

Re: Charter Companies that are Open - 01/15/2018 05:04 PM

Just saw an ad for Voyage on Facebook
Posted By: windward2c

Re: Charter Companies that are Open - 01/16/2018 05:09 PM

HYC has been open since December and the Nanny Cay Marina is in surprisingly good shape smile
Posted By: LauraTheTshirtGal

Re: Charter Companies that are Open - 01/16/2018 07:02 PM

also, the Catamaran Company has been full speed ahead with charters, they have a lot of pics/reports on FB from recent charterers.
Posted By: mattt

Re: Charter Companies that are Open - 01/16/2018 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Winterstale
That 38 is a FUN boat!! If you are looking to charter from St. Thomas as opposed to Tortola, I highly recommend....we had a blast on that boat.

If you are looking in Tortola, BVI Yacht Charters has a couple of them as well.

We're taking out one of the BVIYC 38s in May. Really looking forward to it.
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Charter Companies that are Open - 01/17/2018 01:20 PM

You will love it!! It was a great boat for just two of us. The one we had allowed you to leave the bulkhead down between the salon and the v berth so it was one big, cool space! I don't know if the recent ones in their fleet allow for that but for only two, it was great! We were nice and cool in May with no ac. Sails great! Fast!!
Posted By: ScubaDrew

Re: Charter Companies that are Open - 05/04/2018 08:01 PM

Considering Horizon for this year -- I take it you've had good experiences with them?

Originally Posted by CaptainJay
Hello All,

Thank you in advance!
Kermit

We are open at CYOA and have a brand new Beneteau 38 joining the fleet in February. Click on the link below.

Always Sunny CYOA Beneteau Oceanis 38

Jay
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline