TravelTalkOnline

VG Airport update?

Posted By: macaroni

VG Airport update? - 10/15/2018 03:25 PM

Any new info on the airport opening soon on Virgin Gorda? I thought I heard the middle of October??? Thanks
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: VG Airport update? - 10/15/2018 03:58 PM

The new fire truck for VG has arrived in the territory but is still on Beef Island as one of their trucks is currently down. It has not opened yet.
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: VG Airport update? - 10/15/2018 05:26 PM

Getting close to the promised date of the 29th LOL
Posted By: casailor53

Re: VG Airport update? - 10/15/2018 06:38 PM

and now Anegada is closed, too. http://www.virginislandsnewsonline.com/en/news/anegada-airport-closed-due-to-non-working-fire-truck-

Re: VG Airport update? - 10/15/2018 07:24 PM

Anegada reopened this morning. I flew to Beef Island with VI Airlink.
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: VG Airport update? - 10/16/2018 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht
Anegada reopened this morning. I flew to Beef Island with VI Airlink.

We were in a panic over the weekend when we heard that Anegada Airport was closed. You have made my day Jason! Thanks.

Re: VG Airport update? - 10/16/2018 02:42 PM

If something like this happens again, keep in mind there is boat service 7 days/week now. Anegada Express runs from Trellis Bay Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. The ferry from Road Town run Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. At least you have options...
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: VG Airport update? - 10/16/2018 05:25 PM

Jason - Landing in STT at 2:30pm on a Saturday was going to be a problem. We definitely would have to spend a night on Tortola. No way we could have caught a ferry in time. I certainly would have lost a day on Anegada. Flying in is so convenient. But thanks for the information. We have learned over the years of BVI travelling, you need to be flexible and expect the unexpected. Last May our flights got screwed up in San Juan and had to fly to STT instead of EIS. The ONLY thing available the next morning was a helicopter. What an experience! And man was that costly!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline