TravelTalkOnline

From Tortola to Anegada in one day December 31st?

Posted By: NYC10069

From Tortola to Anegada in one day December 31st? - 12/04/2018 02:26 PM

***From Tortola to Anegada in one day December 31st?****

We will be chartering a catamaran in the BVIs for the holidays. We were recommended to spend New Years night in Anegada (less crowded).

The issue is that we will be in Tortola (East End) morning of the 31st? Is it possible to sail to Anegada from Tortola in one day? How long would it take?

As an alternative could I motor my way there? (42 Cat with 2x57hp)? How long will that take?

We will have a skipper(not assigned yet), but just want to get a sense of what is the art of the possible.

Thank you in advance. First time going to the BVI and cant wait
Posted By: Breeze

Re: From Tortola to Anegada in one day December 31st? - 12/04/2018 02:54 PM

We've sailed from Marina Cay to Anegada in one day. no sweat Annette When you triangulate it, it is nearly the same as sailing from North sound.

I think your captain is going to be a happy man/
Posted By: CestLaVie

Re: From Tortola to Anegada in one day December 31st? - 12/04/2018 03:19 PM

Assuming you have the prevailing NE wind pattern generally found that time of the year, you should make it from the east end of Tortola to Anagada in about 3 hours on a single tack. Don’t waste the fuel-should be an awesome sail. If the Christmas winds kick in and shift more from the north, however, it could make for a bumpy ride.
Posted By: sail445

Re: From Tortola to Anegada in one day December 31st? - 12/04/2018 06:56 PM

Easy sail from Beef island just keep your stern lined up with the end of Scrub island and you’ll be at the entrance in Anegada in about 2-3 hours
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline