TravelTalkOnline

EIS Departure Fees

Posted By: GlennA

EIS Departure Fees - 03/01/2019 05:26 PM

It should be noted that effective today, March 1, the total of all fees for departure from Beef Island is now $50.00. $15 Departure Tax, $5 Security Fee and $30 Airport Improvement Tax. This is over and above any landing fees included in the airfare.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: EIS Departure Fees - 03/01/2019 06:20 PM

Is that documented anywhere? My flight on 11 March only has a $10 Airport Development Fee.
Posted By: ggffrr11

Re: EIS Departure Fees - 03/01/2019 06:42 PM

You can sheer a sheep several times, but only skin him once - Matt Damon, the movie "Rounders"
Posted By: GlennA

Re: EIS Departure Fees - 03/01/2019 08:26 PM

Posted at EIS this AM. This is an increase of $20.00.

Description: Posted at EIS this morning
Attached picture FB_IMG_1551471489331.jpg
Posted By: henryv

Re: EIS Departure Fees - 03/01/2019 08:32 PM

On our recent flights the airline (Liat and Intercaribbean ) had included the departure fee in the ticket pricing so we did not need to pay at the usual window.
Posted By: captmoby

Re: EIS Departure Fees - 03/01/2019 11:42 PM

That goose looks good lets eat it.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: EIS Departure Fees - 03/02/2019 02:07 PM

Glen--pictures sure do add to the thread!
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: EIS Departure Fees - 03/02/2019 02:36 PM

I guess it jumped from 40 to 50. The government sure is going after the tourist with all the new taxes! It’s almost like they don’t want us to come!
Posted By: Manpot

Re: EIS Departure Fees - 03/02/2019 03:05 PM

I really hoped the Government and the locals would all roll out the red carpet and keep prices down to get folks back..they seem to have taken an alternate tack. There are some exceptions..happy hour at Quito's has by far the best deal on CGB. The Sugar Mill, for a top rank restaurant, is still great and, IMHO, reasonable. Omar's new place is very good and very reasonable..these are the places to spend you $$ and show support. Of the soapbox now.
Posted By: sail445

Re: EIS Departure Fees - 03/02/2019 04:53 PM

Rude C&I, Worst dining service in the whole Caribbean and exorbitant fees.
They have a captive audience due to the beautiful cays, water and the Willy T
Posted By: warren460

Re: EIS Departure Fees - 03/02/2019 10:20 PM

And the Willy T!
Posted By: sail445

Re: EIS Departure Fees - 03/02/2019 11:33 PM

I figured I’d throw that in for the fun of it.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: EIS Departure Fees - 03/03/2019 12:57 AM

I heard Potters is pretty fun noevil
Posted By: Breeze

Re: EIS Departure Fees - 03/03/2019 05:09 AM

" You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave ". Oops, I'm sorry Glen Frye. I must have stumbled.

Well, we can all remember that PA Ron said this was coming. As well, he said, BVI Government was forced to make EIS a destination only the VERY high rollers could use. Otherwise, without hefty fees, he said, they would never be able to make EIS a destination only the VERY wealthy could use. Because, you know, only the Very Wealthy should use EIS.

" I said to the Captain, please bring me my wine. He said to me, we've not had that spirit here since 1969."

Please do not ask me if this post makes sense to me. Nothing about EIS fees is meant to make sense to me. I'm not really sure we have anyone in the forum who is so very wealthy that EIS fees matter not.

"And still those voices are calling from far away

Yikes. I'm glad I started chartering out of St Thomas. If anyone really wants to know-- yes you can leave North Sound at sun up and turn in your boat by noon.
Posted By: Lcrich

Re: EIS Departure Fees - 03/03/2019 04:23 PM

So does this need to be paid in cash too?
Posted By: agrimsrud

Re: EIS Departure Fees - 03/04/2019 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Breeze
I'm glad I started chartering out of St Thomas. If anyone really wants to know-- yes you can leave North Sound at sun up and turn in your boat by noon.

I am out of St. Thomas as well and like it that way for so many different reasons. But.... I'm not sure I can make it out of NS at sun up, make it through C&I in Cruz Bay and refuel my boat and be on the dock by noon. Can you really do that?
Posted By: Breeze

Re: EIS Departure Fees - 03/06/2019 02:09 AM

If your boat is US owned and registered, and all aboard are US citizens, why would you not check back in to USVI via ROAM ? Probably the absolute best reason for a smartphone on vacation.

No stop in Cruz for C&I leaves time for a last swim at Christmas Cove and still refuel.

Oh ye of little faith.
Posted By: agrimsrud

Re: EIS Departure Fees - 03/06/2019 03:56 PM

If your boat is US owned and registered, and all aboard are US citizens, why would you not check back in to USVI via ROAM ? Probably the absolute best reason for a smartphone on vacation.

No stop in Cruz for C&I leaves time for a last swim at Christmas Cove and still refuel.

Oh ye of little faith.

Ahh! I'd like to have the faith for sure. Just not sure I have full faith in ROAM working that day and thus I have a 1+ hour detour to C&I. I also suspect you are on a cat. You'll be a good percent faster downwind that I will be on my mono. I will give this a try on some trip when I have the flight time out of STT of > 4 pm. And after I have seen ROAM work more than once in a row. I assume you are in NS on the 24 hour leeway after checking ouf of BVI (or you were able to check in/out at the same time) so you don't have that task to do that morning, right?
Posted By: rhans

Re: EIS Departure Fees - 03/06/2019 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by agrimsrud

Oh ye of little faith.

Ahh! I'd like to have the faith for sure. Just not sure I have full faith in ROAM working that day and thus I have a 1+ hour detour to C&I. I also suspect you are on a cat. You'll be a good percent faster downwind that I will be on my mono. I will give this a try on some trip when I have the flight time out of STT of > 4 pm. And after I have seen ROAM work more than once in a row. I assume you are in NS on the 24 hour leeway after checking ouf of BVI (or you were able to check in/out at the same time) so you don't have that task to do that morning, right?

Ahh! Anders concerns about the ROAM app. is well founded. We chartered his GREAT "Dream Machine" in January. Transmitted the ROAM @ Johnson Reef and still had "Processing" @ Current Cut. Turned around and caught a ball @ Lind Pt. and never got accepted till standing at C&I when the nice lady pushed the right button.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline