TravelTalkOnline

BVI water taxi to Cooper for late arrival

Posted By: MOParrothead

BVI water taxi to Cooper for late arrival - 05/14/2019 10:29 PM

I have 2 of my crew arriving late for our charter. (6:30 pm in to Beef Is) Wondered if they could arrange for a water taxi to Cooper from Trellis that evening? I don't want to overnight at Trellis or on Tortola. Anyone know of any water taxi services who would run them across? Thanks!
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: BVI water taxi to Cooper for late arrival - 05/14/2019 11:02 PM

I can probably get you some names, but it won’t be cheap. Have you considered overnighting at Scrub or Marina Cay? They could take the free ferry.
Posted By: MOParrothead

Re: BVI water taxi to Cooper for late arrival - 05/15/2019 12:33 AM

Thanks, RatmansWife. I did consider those. Is there anything open on Marina Cay? I assume at Scrub we would have to be on the dock? Appreciate it.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: BVI water taxi to Cooper for late arrival - 05/15/2019 02:20 AM

Yes, Scrub is dock only, no moorings. Marina Cay has a restaurant under a marquee tent, good island feel. You can moor or anchor. Cooper is great, but MC is just so easy.
Posted By: Tortolian

Re: BVI water taxi to Cooper for late arrival - 05/15/2019 04:52 PM

Try calling Joe at 443-9764. He sometimes does a water taxi run from Red Rock in East End to Cooper Island and might be able to help you out.
Posted By: Breeze

Re: BVI water taxi to Cooper for late arrival - 05/15/2019 04:59 PM

Another voice for Marina Cay. Late arrivals at EIS can literally walk to the ferry dock and the ferry runs pretty much hourly through the late evening hours so the 'tola folks working MC or Scrub can get home.

There are more than a few provisions of one sort or another made possible by NOT paying a water taxi ( and most likely a ground taxi) fare to get from EIS to Cooper.
Posted By: ligot

Re: BVI water taxi to Cooper for late arrival - 05/18/2019 01:13 PM

We've always enjoyed Marina Cay even in the current state. We get to stop over and shop and eat or pick up crew and generally enjoy the harbor at Trellis without hanging out in Trellis for the night.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline