TravelTalkOnline

Going to Curacao

Posted By: gordaguy2

Going to Curacao - 08/07/2019 04:23 PM

Hi All on the BVI board - we are looking to go to Curacao in February - anyone been there - I have a post on southern Carib looking for suggestions - cheers Brian
Posted By: Kegoangoango

Re: Going to Curacao - 08/08/2019 01:57 PM

Been there a couple of times, with last time in 2017.

Nice island, lot's of things to do. It had built up quite a bit since we were last there.

Obviously, you have to have dinner near the pontoon bridge and visit downtown.

You can rent a nice daysailer from Sail Adventure Curacao.

Re: Going to Curacao - 08/08/2019 02:06 PM

Great thanks - any info on good accommodation? cheers
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: Going to Curacao - 08/08/2019 06:53 PM

Left you a note on Southern Caribbean forum.
Posted By: poconopat

Re: Going to Curacao - 08/08/2019 08:40 PM

Stayed at the Santa Barbara resort & golf club for a conference in Feb 2018. Beach there was so-so but the accommodations were very nice. It s quite a ways from downtown.

Re: Going to Curacao - 08/08/2019 10:35 PM

It is away from most everything on the island. You definitely need a car. The hotel is very nice.

Re: Going to Curacao - 08/09/2019 02:29 PM

Anyone stay at the Scuba Resort and Apartments? They look nice on line.

Re: Going to Curacao - 08/09/2019 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by gordaguy2
Anyone stay at the Scuba Resort and Apartments? They look nice on line.

They always look nice on line. From reading the reviews (and I don 't base my decision on any reviews) it sounds like they renovated the old houses on the street and made them Into apartments. Kind of an iffy place. There are too many other nice places. I mentioned on the other forum to check out Westpunt area, divers paradise.
Posted By: macaroni

Re: Going to Curacao - 08/09/2019 07:31 PM

Several years ago we stayed at the Marriott...great location...5 minutes into town and easy accesss to all of the west side beaches on the island. Very good snorkeling at the hotel beaches . There are so many great beaches and snorkeling stops as you easily drive around the west coat...head north, toward the airport ,from the Marriott and then head west to do a circle around the west side of the island. On a cruise stop in curaƧao we have done the same thing..rent a car and drive..

Re: Going to Curacao - 08/10/2019 01:36 PM

Thanks for the tips on snorkeling - it's between scuba hotel and Oasis Coral - cheers Brian
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline