TravelTalkOnline

BVI in late June?

Posted By: Cratti

BVI in late June? - 10/22/2019 12:21 AM

We've made about 13 trips so far, initially in early November but most have been in January. Loved every one. But in 2020 we've got 2 kids graduating (one from college, one from high school) and looking to take a celebratory trip with them. School/graduation schedules mean that we wouldn't be able to get down until about June 20. Anyone with experience that time of year? Assuming the sailing is less than exciting, but is there some wind? Will it be similar to November? When do places shut down for the season?

Thanks much!
Posted By: Manpot

Re: BVI in late June? - 10/22/2019 12:28 AM

June may be my favorite month of the year. Everything will be open..the swells will have died down ( bad for surfers) and the cruise ship schedule will be cut back. It wont be that hot and will be lovely..
Posted By: agrimsrud

Re: BVI in late June? - 10/22/2019 12:36 AM

June is great. Been there several times that time of year. We've also been three times in November so I can't tell you if this is always the case but the wind in June is more consistent. Swell is virtually non existent. Everything is open. Personally I like to avoid fourth of July as it tends to be full of boats from PR. So middle to end of June is perfect.
Posted By: louismcc

Re: BVI in late June? - 10/22/2019 03:15 AM

In 2018 we went a bit later (first week of July) which was a good time. Winds were pretty much 15 knots during our trip and seas were pushing 6 feet. At the end it got a bit more boisterous with winds 20-25, seas 6-8. It is in hurricane season but still early so you'll most likely encounter tropical waves and (hopefully) nothing stronger.

We're going again the first week of July 2020.
Posted By: Cratti

Re: BVI in late June? - 10/22/2019 08:08 PM

Thanks, everyone. Sounds better than November!
Posted By: snmhanson

Re: BVI in late June? - 10/22/2019 09:53 PM

Another thumbs up for June from me. Most of our recent trips have been in the later half of June and have been great. Winds are usually in the mid-teens and water is warm. It can be a bit warm but I've never found it unbearably hot. We do charter boats with a generator and A/C though so we can cool down when we need to.
Posted By: Rhindley

Re: BVI in late June? - 10/23/2019 02:25 AM

I've gone in July and August and it's always been great!
Posted By: ligot

Re: BVI in late June? - 10/25/2019 09:57 PM

June is one of our favorite times. Decent winds, less fighting for mooring balls and dinner reservations. Everything is open. You'll love it.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline