TravelTalkOnline

DYC, Moorings and Sunsail still paying Owner's ??

Posted By: WantOwnersTime

DYC, Moorings and Sunsail still paying Owner's ?? - 05/06/2020 08:33 PM

Any news on whether Dream Yacht Charter, Moorings and Sunsail are still paying their Owner's?
Posted By: TC42

Re: DYC, Moorings and Sunsail still paying Owner's ?? - 05/06/2020 09:40 PM

I heard that DYC was not. I believe they suspended the payments but are adding the lost time to the back end of the contract. I believe that Moorings / Sunsail has continued to make payments.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: DYC, Moorings and Sunsail still paying Owner's ?? - 05/07/2020 12:57 AM

Moorings and Sunsail are honoring their contracts.
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: DYC, Moorings and Sunsail still paying Owner's ?? - 05/07/2020 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
Moorings and Sunsail are honoring their contracts.

Glad they are still honoring their contracts. I have not seen any of their contracts(Moorings, Sunsail, DYC) since considering their companies to put my boat in.

I did not feel that any of these were best fit for my particular needs, but as with all agreements, the contract provisions should guide the expected response to situation. (And any favorable responses "above and beyond" contract requirements are always a plus).
Posted By: SailBellaVita

Re: DYC, Moorings and Sunsail still paying Owner's ?? - 05/21/2020 11:04 AM

I can tell you 100% that DYC is not honoring the guaranteed contracts, and have also backed out of many "easy ownership" contracts. Moorings is standing by all contracts. I'm a competitor of both, so i watch this closely. I also believe that, other than DYC, all other charter companies are living up to contracts.
Posted By: bailau

Re: DYC, Moorings and Sunsail still paying Owner's ?? - 05/21/2020 12:51 PM

I guess that might be the "kiss of death" for DYC from a boat owners perspective...I wonder if they refunded charterers money instead of providing credits?
Posted By: SailBellaVita

Re: DYC, Moorings and Sunsail still paying Owner's ?? - 05/21/2020 01:47 PM

I'm not 100% sure re: their charter policy, but my guess is that they allowed reschedules and did not provide refunds. with the poor timing of the stock buyback from FP, i'm guessing cash is king for them.
Posted By: Breeze

Re: DYC, Moorings and Sunsail still paying Owner's ?? - 05/21/2020 04:24 PM

I don't have a dog ( or a buck) in the hunt, but I did see that DYC has a new charter base at Compass Point, USVI. Good for them because they'll be able to offer charters this summer in the USVI, vs the BVI territory closed to tourists until after 9/01/20.

I'm not sure how I'd feel if I had booked a BVI charter in the BVI with DYC, and instead were shifted to a USVI charter with the same company. Interesting prospect.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: DYC, Moorings and Sunsail still paying Owner's ?? - 05/21/2020 04:49 PM

Breeze, very interesting. Let's say your contract says BVI. However you get a credit to use in the USVI vs. a lot of uncertainty. Plenty of impetus to switch, don't you think?

And then there's the question of the boats. Does the owner's contract stipulate where the boat is based? Would you care if it were moved? Would liability be different?
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: DYC, Moorings and Sunsail still paying Owner's ?? - 05/21/2020 04:51 PM

If we're talking about Moorings, they do have the right to move your boat to another base. Happened to our previous boat, moved from SVG to Grenada, then St. Lucia ( actually that was Sunsail but I'm assuming the contracts are similar ).
Posted By: UncleLuff

Re: DYC, Moorings and Sunsail still paying Owner's ?? - 05/22/2020 02:21 PM

I can tell you that DYC does not refund... offered a credit one calendar year out which may still not be enough. Having said that I guess technically I breached the contract by not submitting the rest of the balance 45 days out.... but the balance was due March 18 and things started going down hill right at that time.. including restrictions and travel advisories, required self quarantine. In hind sight it was a good move as no telling whether DYC will be able to 'weather this storm'....

Worse comes to worse we loss our deposit (split between 4 guys) not the end of the world but hopefully it doesn't come to that and we can rebook for next May. The one thing that I have issue is that they say they require the full payment upon rebooking which is a complete non-starter for us! Didn't push this though as we are in no position to even think about rebooking at this time.
Posted By: Aren't We Lucky

Re: DYC, Moorings and Sunsail still paying Owner's ?? - 05/22/2020 02:26 PM

I'm a new Yacht owner in the BVI, Scrub Island base, with DYC - Performance Program.

I just received my first quarterly statement which had a minor positive balance, and those funds were held due to the lock down in BVI, and shall be used to cover my boat's expenses during lock down. I cannot speak to news on DYC honoring their contracts for others, but mine has not been a problem so far.

There is a new Facebook group site called DYC Yacht Owners located at https://www.facebook.com/groups/534407134169181/?ref=bookmarks, and perhaps more DYC owners can become connected there, as well as here. Best to all.
Posted By: SoCalGal

Re: DYC, Moorings and Sunsail still paying Owner's ?? - 06/16/2020 10:07 PM

Do any of these companies offer crewed charters....or just bareboat?
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: DYC, Moorings and Sunsail still paying Owner's ?? - 06/16/2020 10:17 PM

The Moorings has a good sized crewed fleet.
Posted By: SoCalGal

Re: DYC, Moorings and Sunsail still paying Owner's ?? - 06/16/2020 10:17 PM

Thank you
Posted By: warren460

Re: DYC, Moorings and Sunsail still paying Owner's ?? - 06/16/2020 11:51 PM

Scuba doo is available on an all inclusive basis with a captain and chef.
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: DYC, Moorings and Sunsail still paying Owner's ?? - 06/17/2020 01:57 AM

Scuba Doo is a great boat and located just minutes from STT airport. I would choose Scuba Doo over any "big company" boat.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline