Official BVI Reopening Page

BVI Gateway

Unofficial BVI reopening guide

Caribbean Girl's trip report with info

Health insurance and travel insurance

Covid 19 test sites

Exit test info

Website for quick covid test results

If anyone can suggest additional links to attach, let me know and I will amend this post.

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 02/20/2021 01:20 AM

This post can be replied to, even though it is pinned at the top. Again, if anyone has a suggestion for additional links to add, please reply with those..

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 02/22/2021 02:05 PM

Jason--It's already there, as the last link..
Posted By: Fun in the sun

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 03/01/2021 09:01 PM

Carol:

Thanks for posting the latest requirements. My wife and I have a bareboat charter in April, our 16th trip to the BVI.

We have been unable to find a lab which will promise to deliver the PCR test results in our area of Florida in less than 5 to 7 days due to the heavy volume of testing. They all indicated we may get the test results sooner (3 to 5 days), but I can not plan a trip based on MAYBE.

The current requirement of having the test done within 5 days of arriving and having the test results 48 hours before is unrealistic. Many people can not upload the results of their test to the BVI gateway 48 hours ahead of time if they can not get the test done sooner.

I sent an email to the BVI gateway site informing them of the issue but based on historic events, I do not expect to get a favorable response.

We have rescheduled our trip four times and I am now thinking of asking for a refund of chartering in a different area.

Soooo sad.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 03/01/2021 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Fun in the sun
Carol:

Thanks for posting the latest requirements. My wife and I have a bareboat charter in April, our 16th trip to the BVI.

We have been unable to find a lab which will promise to deliver the PCR test results in our area of Florida in less than 5 to 7 days due to the heavy volume of testing. They all indicated we may get the test results sooner (3 to 5 days), but I can not plan a trip based on MAYBE.

The current requirement of having the test done within 5 days of arriving and having the test results 48 hours before is unrealistic. Many people can not upload the results of their test to the BVI gateway 48 hours ahead of time if they can not get the test done sooner.

I sent an email to the BVI gateway site informing them of the issue but based on historic events, I do not expect to get a favorable response.

We have rescheduled our trip four times and I am now thinking of asking for a refund of chartering in a different area.

Soooo sad.

https://thecovidconsultants.com/
Posted By: Husker

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 03/02/2021 04:20 PM

Hey Fun in the Sun - We didn't have our PCR test results until the day before we were to enter the BVI. And, we got our approval late in the evening before our early morning flight from DC. Based on that experience and reading about others, I don't think the 48 hour rule is enforced. It seems like they are reviewing and approving at the last possible minute.

Jason - I hadn't seen this Covid Consultant option. Looks promising. Do you have guests who have used it? Are they reliable?

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 03/02/2021 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Husker
Jason - I hadn't seen this Covid Consultant option. Looks promising. Do you have guests who have used it? Are they reliable?

None of our guests have needed them but I've seen several people post positive reviews on FB.
Posted By: captmonk

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 03/02/2021 05:21 PM

Will the BVI accept the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) RT-PCR Test Kit — SPUTUM?
Posted By: MB1G2B

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 03/02/2021 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Fun in the sun
Carol:

Soooo sad.

Fun in the Sun: Can you go to a neighboring county? Sarasota's turnaround as of the beginning of the month has been 48 hours. Maybe scour some local boards?
Posted By: caribbeangirl13

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 03/02/2021 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by captmonk
Will the BVI accept the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) RT-PCR Test Kit — SPUTUM?

No. Must be nasal.
Posted By: TomGarvey

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 03/07/2021 12:22 PM

We used Covid Consultants prior to a small family Christmas gathering and were very pleased. They send you the test kits, you overnight them back, and they email you the results within 24 hours of receiving your kits. Here’s a link to their FAQ about pre-travel testing: https://thecovidconsultants.com/faqs/

The cost is $220/person, but if the BVI accepts pooled testing you can do that for up to four people for $400.

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 03/07/2021 02:31 PM

I am surprised that the BVI would accept a home test kit, as SXM does not. Is anyone SURE they do accept them?

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 03/07/2021 03:29 PM

I don't know if they do. Perhaps Jason or Peter/Sleepychef could clarify that. FWIW, they do PCR tests and the results come from a lab in Texas.
Posted By: ecm56

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 03/07/2021 03:58 PM

Chris M, of the BVI Alive group on Facebook, used the Covid Consultants kit for his whole family when he entered the BVI in December.

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 03/07/2021 06:29 PM

Has there been any specific OFFICIAL confirmation that home tests are OK??? People can make mistakes on approval, and approve something that shouldn't be approved. As I said, just asking because I know that SXM does not accept home tests..

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 03/08/2021 05:29 PM

Good point, Carol. They may be more savvy now. They were definitely just starting to figure things out in December.
Posted By: FRANKIE2

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 03/08/2021 09:16 PM

I used Covid Consultants in February for a trip to BVI. No problem. A bit expensive.

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 03/09/2021 12:35 AM

They are pricey, unless you have a group of four, then it's not as bad. I viewed it as paying for the guaranteed results timeframe, which they delivered on.

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 03/11/2021 03:58 PM

I haven't seen this document before but it's a pretty nice summary.
Posted By: catman

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 03/14/2021 04:34 PM

Has anyone else had technical issues with the BVI Gateway website? Some of the dropdown menus do not seems to work (cannot complete and move on from page as a result) and flight options listed do not correspond to what is actually available (showing only outbound Seaborne flight numbers for EIS when asking for inbound). So far emails to the technical support address and messages left at the What's App number go unanswered.
Posted By: Fun in the sun

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 03/18/2021 02:37 PM

After a lot of deliberation, we canceled our charter in April and booked a Villa in St. John.
Posted By: scott1269

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 03/21/2021 02:21 PM

We also canceled our May charter. It's just not worth the hassle and risk of being stuck there. I think the BVI is going to have to figure this out pretty soon or it will lose it's tourism industry for a long time. I suppose they might not care given their financial services business. Sad...

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 03/21/2021 03:30 PM

We had a great trip in December. Will be getting our plane tickets shortly for our July trip. Can't wait to get back.

"Damn the torpedos! Full speed ahead!"
Posted By: CDJ

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 04/24/2021 03:13 AM

I just saw this and I don't know if it has been posted yet, BVI has introduced new entry requirements. No more 4 day quarantine if you meet the new requirements. Open the link below.

https://bvi.gov.vg/media-centre/bvi-introduce-new-travel-requirements-fully-vaccinated-travellers.
Posted By: ecm56

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 04/24/2021 11:00 AM

The BVI Government Poster on the revised COVID-19 Protocols effective May 15, 2021.

Attached picture April 23 Announcement from Malone.jpg

Re: BVI Entry Requirements - 04/25/2021 06:38 PM

Going to close this one now, and post a new link with newest info tomorrow.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline