TravelTalkOnline

Dolphin Water taxi?

Posted By: scott1269

Dolphin Water taxi? - 02/09/2022 11:14 AM

Does anyone know if they are still operating? I have been trying to contact them for a week or so now with no response. I'm not sure if they're just short-handed or not doing it anymore. Any suggested alternatives?

Thanks
Posted By: OceanSong

Re: Dolphin Water taxi? - 02/09/2022 12:22 PM

I sent Dolphin an email on Monday and had a reply in less than 24 hours. They are definitely still operating. I’ve used them several times and been happy with the service.

My wife and I are heading to Tortola on February 28th, we are scheduled to arrive in STT around 2:30. I was hoping Dolphin would have another group headed to Tortola that we could join. At this time they do not.
Posted By: CarolinaSailor

Re: Dolphin Water taxi? - 02/09/2022 12:22 PM

A few to pick from. I got quotes from many of these for CA to RT and back. Depending on which you pick and how many in group, be prepared to pay around $350 per person round trip, including land taxis, fees, and taxes. We were quoting a group of 10+, and best I could find was $320pp. Those fees and taxes comprise half of the quotes by the way.

On the other hand, if any of the ferries schedules work, they will be 50% less, including all taxis, fees and taxes. A lot of painkillers to be had with the difference....

Island Time Water Taxi
Chillout Charters
Sensation Ferries
Ocean Dreams
Seahorse Water Taxi
Dolphin Water Taxi

As to Dolphin, they responded to quote request through their website, as did all of them, but I could never get Dolphin to return my phone call either. Quotes usually returned within one-two business days.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Dolphin Water taxi? - 02/09/2022 12:44 PM

We have been using Island Time lately and I can’t say enough good things about them. CALL the vendors - don’t rely solely on email.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Dolphin Water taxi? - 02/09/2022 12:46 PM

+13407742628
They have always answered or returned calls promptly.
G

Re: Dolphin Water taxi? - 02/09/2022 01:31 PM

Maybe it's that DL connection George! smile
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: Dolphin Water taxi? - 02/09/2022 01:48 PM

I booked their shared water taxi from Scrub to STT for part of our crew. It took a bit of time for them to confirm it. I’m guessing they’re just busy?
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Dolphin Water taxi? - 02/09/2022 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by scott1269
Maybe it's that DL connection George! smile

It didn’t help with the price!

Re: Dolphin Water taxi? - 02/15/2022 02:56 PM

Thanks for the info! We've done it both ways and the water taxi is so convenient. We are going out of scrub so we'd be 4 transfers each way between cabs & ferries. The money's one thing but humping the bags around is another. For some reason we can't travel light. Due to hurricanes and corona we haven't been there since 17 so I'm willing to splurge.
Posted By: SeaGrass

Re: Dolphin Water taxi? - 02/16/2022 05:13 AM

Safe travels!! Totally get the "we're finally back, get me there."
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: Dolphin Water taxi? - 02/16/2022 11:38 AM

I booked a shared water taxi with Dolphin for 2 people from Scrub to St Thomas. They said they make regular runs from Scrub. I confirmed with them 3 times. Yesterday I sent a tex confirming todays departure. They informed me they don’t have any other guests going from Scrub to st Thomas today and told me we could take the ferry or pay $945 for water taxi.
My annoyances at this are twofold:
1. If I hadn’t reached out to them yesterday when were they going to let me know they can’t make the run as a shared taxi
2. Nowhere in their confirmation emails does it state they won’t make the run if they’re not full.

Sigh …..
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline