TravelTalkOnline

Testing Requirements - please forgive

Posted By: ckamradt

Testing Requirements - please forgive - 04/05/2022 02:50 AM

Traveling in June and am stumped about the COVID testing requirements. Our outfitter gave us a link to the eMed Enabled COVID-19 At-Home Test, but that would seem to be a 'self-administered' test and NOT a proctored test....which I keep seeing is a requirement. I'm confused....

On-top of all that, I know that we'll have to get another test upon departure back to the US. Are these tests OK for that?

I guess what I'm confused about is how a test I administer myself can also be 'proctored.' ????
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Testing Requirements - please forgive - 04/05/2022 03:07 AM

You set up an account on the he NAVICA app and then log into the Emed site. The proctor will watch you take the test and then return 15 min later to see the results.
Posted By: macaroni

Re: Testing Requirements - please forgive - 04/05/2022 03:19 AM

Just did the proctored test for our return to San Juan/JFK tomorrow…so easy….

Re: Testing Requirements - please forgive - 04/05/2022 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by macaroni

Where? Are there locations around BVI? Is there a list somewhere??

Re: Testing Requirements - please forgive - 04/05/2022 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by tradewinds
You set up an account on the he NAVICA app and then log into the Emed site. The proctor will watch you take the test and then return 15 min later to see the results.

Thank you for that! We do not have the tests in-had yet, but that makes sense!
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Testing Requirements - please forgive - 04/05/2022 03:23 AM

You can do it on your phone.
Posted By: Time Will Tell

Re: Testing Requirements - please forgive - 04/05/2022 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by ckamradt
Originally Posted by macaroni

Where? Are there locations around BVI? Is there a list somewhere??

Our crew just did ours last week from TWT in Cane Garden Bay - but anyplace you have good cell/internet connection will work. Previous trips were done in Marina Cay and the Bight at Norman Island. Really easy once you have the tests in hand.

Have Fun!
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Testing Requirements - please forgive - 04/05/2022 01:44 PM

As your outfitter explained, the eMed tests are acceptable for entry to the BVI and return to the US. eMed.com only sells proctored tests. The same brand test is available cheaper from other places as a non-proctored version. Don't be confused, you need the proctored version best ordered from emed.com.

Bring an extra kit with you for you return testing. I just had a kit with no swab.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline