TravelTalkOnline

Name this place!

Posted By: skipdastraw

Name this place! - 11/04/2022 01:49 PM

Hey Sailors, travelers and BVI enthusiasts! I just bought a Jimmy Buffet autographed pic for my son for Christmas and when I opened it, I instantly thought it was in the BVI. I didn't pick the image because of the background and was kind of surprised when I just opened it because it just felt familiar. It would be an added bonus if I could confirm the location (especially if said location is VG!). Here's the pic:

https://imgur.com/wVimlJR

Thank you!
Posted By: snmhanson

Re: Name this place! - 11/04/2022 02:32 PM

That looks like Devils Bay @The Baths to me.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Name this place! - 11/04/2022 02:44 PM

I agree..BTW..Two "TT's" for Jimmy's name..
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Name this place! - 11/04/2022 02:48 PM

I would have said the same but the sand is not that color at Devils Bay.

Re: Name this place! - 11/04/2022 03:20 PM

I was also thinking about the sand but then came across this pic I took at spring bay. So lighting may have an effect...the sand further out looks right. I of course am hoping it is on VG because that would make this gift that much more special to him. smile

https://imgur.com/ZMyFLFm
Posted By: Boulderboy

Re: Name this place! - 11/04/2022 06:04 PM

I would say near the beginning of Little Trunk Bay where Sandy Bottom was, just after the crawl and looking out to the back of the boulders that have the baby pool on the other side or those rocks are the back of the wind around when you snorkel over to Little Trunk Bay- will check it out sometime- the boulders do look like Devils Bay but the water seems more in the picture and more like Little Trunk
Posted By: Boulderboy

Re: Name this place! - 11/04/2022 06:10 PM

Now wait a minute. Just past Little Trunk is Trunk and when you first get there there are those Boulders in the picture and a wide span of ocean too. Maybe the white diving platform isn't there anymore???

Re: Name this place! - 11/04/2022 06:21 PM

And doesn't little Trunk have those flat rocks buried in the sand like the dark spots in the picture?
Posted By: bailau

Re: Name this place! - 11/04/2022 08:32 PM

I thought Devils Bay but dont see those flat rocks behind Jimmy in this pic...

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Posted By: YachtReprise

Re: Name this place! - 11/05/2022 03:57 AM

Fallen Jerusalem

Re: Name this place! - 11/06/2022 01:39 PM

Never been to fallen Jerusalem but now I kinda want to find this spot! Add it to the list....
Posted By: bailau

Re: Name this place! - 11/06/2022 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by skipdastraw
Never been to fallen Jerusalem but now I kinda want to find this spot! Add it to the list....

Same if it looks like that...
Posted By: calsail

Re: Name this place! - 11/10/2022 05:06 PM

Baths
Posted By: vytis104

Re: Name this place! - 11/10/2022 07:45 PM

Definitely Fallen Jerusalem, but Shhhhh.........we dont like to talk about that place in public. smile
Posted By: Carib_Ian

Re: Name this place! - 11/11/2022 12:53 AM

My new bucket list stop: FALLEN JERUSALEM
😁😆🤣
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline