TravelTalkOnline

Credit Card Captain or cheapskate?

Posted By: RatmansWife

Credit Card Captain or cheapskate? - 12/14/2022 10:23 PM

From our patio I can see a Dream Yacht Charters mono overnighting on a yellow mooring, within spitting distance of plenty of vacant FCFS moorings. I can sort of understand someone grabbing an empty professional dive boat mooring to dive during the day. But squatting one all night to save $30? Or chartering someone's boat without learning how to identify moorings? Pretty astounding either way.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Credit Card Captain or cheapskate? - 12/14/2022 11:44 PM

I would call him cheap. I have heard but never witnessed there is some enforcement of not overnighting on park service balls. I would jump in your boat and pull up and tell him you need the ball for a night dive!
G
Posted By: Memphré

Re: Credit Card Captain or cheapskate? - 12/16/2022 12:55 AM

I would also tend to think that he is a cheap skipper, but I would like to know what kind of chart briefing he had? The last two that I had were in line with all the consequences that this implies for those who do not know the BVI.
Posted By: Breeze

Re: Credit Card Captain or cheapskate? - 12/18/2022 04:26 AM

Right up there with the folks who squat on BB moorings hoping the reserved client is a no-show. There is no accounting for some peoples kids.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Credit Card Captain or cheapskate? - 12/18/2022 12:41 PM

That is however one of the issues with boatyball. Balls at Cooper go unused because of no shows. There should be a time like 5pm where if not used it becomes a FCFS ball.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline