TravelTalkOnline

Weeklong Cat Charter Join-In

Posted By: chrisn

Weeklong Cat Charter Join-In - 04/04/2023 05:31 PM

Hello! Posted this on a BVI fb group but thought to post it here too since it’s so heavily sail based. Can any of you recommend charter companies for a weeklong sail that pair up fun couples and book per couple or by the cabin? Looking for a respected company, nice boat with a great crew (chef or no chef), and solid reviews. We are typically land based on St. John or Virgin Gorda. Booked a private weeklong cat charter many many moons ago with Mike and Jean Beswick on the beautiful Jeannius…if any of you old timers remember them and their boat..it was a magical rockstar week. Looking at next March to celebrate wedding anniversary. Thanks for any info you can provide on join in options and opportunities!⛵️🏝️☀️🌊

Attached picture 8D9CC4E8-A539-4260-945D-6362C4B6C443.jpeg
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Weeklong Cat Charter Join-In - 04/05/2023 12:07 PM

I get emails from Festiva Sailing describing what you are looking for. But honestly don't know anything about them.

https://www.festivasailingvacations.com/

Re: Weeklong Cat Charter Join-In - 04/05/2023 12:08 PM

Waiting for a response from Festiva. Thank you!
Posted By: snmhanson

Re: Weeklong Cat Charter Join-In - 04/05/2023 01:02 PM

Dream Yacht Charters also does by the cabin charters out of several of their bases. Company seems to be hit or miss depending on who you talk to. We have used them several times for bareboat charters and have generally been happy. I do think it would be important though to work with a company that will make at least some effort to match you with other passengers as well as crew. I don’t think DYC does that - maybe Festiva does?
Posted By: Jeannius

Re: Weeklong Cat Charter Join-In - 04/05/2023 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by chrisn
Booked a private weeklong cat charter many many moons ago with Mike and Jean Beswick on the beautiful Jeannius…if any of you old timers remember them and their boat..it was a magical rockstar week. ⛵️🏝️☀️🌊
Hiya Chris, that was I great trip. We remember it well. Particularly remember your Kuwaiti friend who spent the entire trip fishing. Watching him fish at night and catching several small Shark, in the Anegada mooring field, will live with me forever!!!

Re: Weeklong Cat Charter Join-In - 04/06/2023 12:13 AM

OMGosh! This brought the hugest smile to my face! I’ll never forget the Raisin Bran (I think), and OJ! I hope you and Jean are well. Please send my regards! How I wish you were still sailing the BVI’s on that lovely vessel!

Re: Weeklong Cat Charter Join-In - 04/06/2023 12:21 AM

And was it Triscuit or Wheat Thins😂. In all seriousness though. Truly one of my very favorite vacations, if not my favorite. Thank you so much for the beautiful memories!
Posted By: Jeannius

Re: Weeklong Cat Charter Join-In - 04/06/2023 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by chrisn
And was it Triscuit or Wheat Thins😂. In all seriousness though. Truly one of my very favorite vacations, if not my favorite. Thank you so much for the beautiful memories!
It was Triscuits I hated. The package they came in was definitely a better texture and flavour. grin
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline