TravelTalkOnline

Layover hotel SJU - recommendations

Posted By: Thistle

Layover hotel SJU - recommendations - 01/18/2015 11:55 PM

Apologize if this has already been covered ad-nauseum but I couldn't find anything. We arrive SJU Saturday March 14 at 11pm on Southwest and depart for EIS/BVIs the next morning at 8am on Seaborne. Would appreciate any recommendations for a convenient and economical hotel for what will be about 6 hours - 2 adults and 2 children, will need only one room.
Posted By: glo

Re: Layover hotel SJU - recommendations - 01/19/2015 01:28 PM

It's been a while since I've been there but they've got one right at the airport you don't have to Rent-A-Car or anything and is his nice.
Posted By: cessnaflyr2

Re: Layover hotel SJU - recommendations - 01/20/2015 01:12 AM

see my post on the BVI site, you can't beat the airport hotel!
Posted By: cessnaflyr2

Re: Layover hotel SJU - recommendations - 01/20/2015 01:14 AM

If you are standing with your back to the check in counters facing the shops it is down at the end on the right, down about 8 steps.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Layover hotel SJU - recommendations - 02/04/2015 12:49 AM

Agree - can't beat the SJU Airport Hotel for convenience. Staying there again in May on our way to Beef Island. No hassle of a taxi to and from the airport. Wake up, shower, dress and walk to your airline ticket counter. Just my two cents on that one.
Posted By: BarleyMan

Re: Layover hotel SJU - recommendations - 02/04/2015 06:22 AM

I was there last year and can concur that the hotel will be your best option. The cafe was good too. Surprisingly good sushi..
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Layover hotel SJU - recommendations - 02/04/2015 08:31 PM

we are flying on jetblue to SJU which lands at terminal A, and the airport hotel is at terminal D can we just walk through the airport or do we have to exit the terminal to get to the hotel
Posted By: Fletch

Re: Layover hotel SJU - recommendations - 02/05/2015 02:42 PM

While you can normally walk between terminals A and D without leaving the secure area there is some on going renovation construction which sometimes blocks the "secure" passageway. What the situation will be at the time you are traveling remains to be seen. Regardless, the entrance to the airport hotel is outside the secure area so you'll have to exit the terminal anyway.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline