TravelTalkOnline

American and seabourn?

Posted By: searose

American and seabourn? - 07/09/2015 03:49 AM

Any recent reasons not to use them for sju to stt and stt to maine?....been on jet blue so long have lost touch with other carriers....thanks for any opinions...staying for 2 weeks on stj in feb....dream come true!regards,searose.
Posted By: Cleobeach

Re: American and seabourn? - 07/09/2015 02:18 PM

We used them two years ago between SJU and STT and it was perfectly fine. The planes are much larger than Cape Air's planes and that alone reduces the chance of your luggage getting left behind.
Posted By: Nutmeg

Re: American and seabourn? - 07/09/2015 08:58 PM

Searose: I personally prefer American to and from Miami. But if you are going to be in San Juan, Seaborne works, too.

Re: American and seabourn? - 07/10/2015 08:52 PM

I booked seaborne to get from sju to stt ...cheaper than aa and when I looked it would be seaborne anyway....jet blue will not route us to portland from stt....I don't understand that as we can do barbados.....so back to aa after many years...
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: American and seabourn? - 07/10/2015 09:30 PM

AA does not fly SJU-STT
Posted By: Nutmeg

Re: American and seabourn? - 07/10/2015 09:33 PM

I have a feeling she meant a combination of American and Seaborne.
Posted By: Breeze

Re: American and seabourn? - 07/10/2015 10:23 PM

Searose, do what works for you.

As another from Maine, I know the logistics of land transportation, to and from any of our choices of airport, and then car parking, are often more concerning than anything that happens after boarding whichever flight on whichever airline.

Make it as easy as possible in concept and plan. If it becomes another " learning experience ", well.... there are travelers and there are tourists, and you are the former.

Re: American and seabourn? - 07/11/2015 01:38 AM

When you put in the info on aa it says the actual plane will be seaborne...but the price was higher so I just booked direct...

Re: American and seabourn? - 07/11/2015 01:42 AM

Hey breeze....glad to see you are still here....moving to portland has changed our travels for sure....this will be our longest trip ever so trying to be efficient ....it is,however,awesome to get off a plane at pwm and be home in 15 min!
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: American and seabourn? - 07/12/2015 02:02 PM

Just be aware that there are big risks in ticketing connecting segments on different passenger records. If the price difference was less then 100.00 dollars I would have booked them together through American.

Re: American and seabourn? - 07/27/2015 03:38 AM

Thank you for the good advice....the legs are a week apart....I would have def kept them together if it had been the same day...
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline