TravelTalkOnline

Package Service to STT

Posted By: Yachtmaster

Package Service to STT - 09/25/2019 11:08 AM

Good day, can anyone recommend delivery options to have small to medium size packages sent to a forwarder in the USA, most likely in Florida, who then forwards to St Thomas, other than USPS and ocean freight companies....? This is due to the fact that not all USA retailers will send products out of the mainland USA and Ocean freight may not be practical with smaller shipments.....

Thanks....
Posted By: TomSW

Re: Package Service to STT - 09/25/2019 01:47 PM

We use St. Brendan's Isle, a mail forwarding service in Florida. We use them in lieu of USPS as an online mail service for all our mail both in the USA and St. Thomas. If you move around a lot or on an irregular schedule, USPS can't keep up very well. They will ship items to St. Thomas from you directly or a third party that you may purchase something from such as amazon.
https://www.sbimailservice.com/
Posted By: Fletch

Re: Package Service to STT - 09/25/2019 02:30 PM

Just so you know we've been using the USPS to ship packages of varying sizes to the USVI's for over 15 years - no need for a freight forwarder - just address your package to the recipient. We always send by Priority Mail and with the exception of one package that was delayed by hurricane Omar all of our packages arrived within 3 to 5 days. Shipping boxes to the USVI via USPS is no different than sending them from one town to another on the mainland.

I can't remember the last time we had a company refuse to send packages to the USVI using the USPS. Sometimes it's just a matter of advising the shipper that the USVI's are part of the US and not an international destination.
Posted By: RickG

Re: Package Service to STT - 09/26/2019 07:52 PM

We have St. Brendans Isle as well. I have had retailers ship to me or a friend in CONUS and re-shipped vis USPS priority. If I had a large item being shipped I'd give St. Thomas Cargo a call. I haven't tried general delivery to St. Thomas post office, but have friends who have had no problem with it.

Cheers, RickG
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline