TravelTalkOnline

room in Puerto Rico

Posted By: gilmar

room in Puerto Rico - 01/07/2014 06:32 PM

My wife and I fly into SJU airport from Miami at 6:40 pm on Jan 28 and leave on Jetblue flight the next afternoon at 3pm for SXM. Can anyone recommend a good hotel/motel that is not directly under the airport traffic in San Juan and fairly inexpensive. We will need to do the same on the way back to Miami. We'll only be there for the eevening and part of the afternoon so we don't want to rent a car. We'll use the airport shuttle back and forth.
Posted By: Nutmeg

Re: room in Puerto Rico - 01/16/2014 09:43 PM

Not sure if you are still looking,but our experience with inexpensive hotels in San Juan was not good. Are you sure that there is an airport shuttle? I thought they were like the rest of the Caribbean, the taxi drivers have a lock on tourist traffic.
Posted By: snmhanson

Re: room in Puerto Rico - 01/17/2014 09:22 AM

If you're still looking I think the Intercontinental at $190 plus fees is a good bet at this point for a nice hotel close to the airport. There are some places that are a bit cheaper, but I agree with Nutmeg that you need to proceed with caution when it comes to a cheap hotel in San Juan. With the Intercontinental you'll have the beach and a nice pool and facilities, plus the El San Juan right next door if you want to get a little crazy. Stay up late, wake up early and sleep it off at the airport and on the flight.

Bet you can't wait to get out of the snow and cold of MI. I grew up in Grand Rapids and it sounds like to are having a pretty harsh winter this year. Actually my parents just got back to GR tonight after visiting for a month.
Posted By: amurphy08

Re: room in Puerto Rico - 01/17/2014 08:33 PM

There are definitely still some shuttles for hotels but it's best to find out before you book because it can change.
Posted By: gilmar

Re: room in Puerto Rico - 01/20/2014 12:24 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to double check for airport shuttles to Hotels. I may have to take a cab. How long a ride is the Intercontinental from the airport?
Posted By: snmhanson

Re: room in Puerto Rico - 01/20/2014 02:18 AM

It's about five to ten minutes. I believe the cab fare is $10 each way.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline