Member Spotlight
warren460
warren460
Ontario, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
BobVTPilot, clancytoejam, Deputydawg, Durathror
Who's Online Now
43 registered members (JandIrene, cbinparadise, pbd007, CaribbeanCanadians, zhawk, Sunflower, Volle Maan, steve74, o2bnsxm, pedalpusher, socamon, jbutah, Fletch, Husker, rcevans100, Rbailey, RatmansWife, NumberCruncher, Fitzhughlaw, dolfer, MNsnowbird, BillDauterive, BHK, NoelHall, nevar37, Todd, polaris, John, michaelj, sxmpete, xrayman67, ColoBoater, 11 invisible), 1,235 guests, and 74 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
10 minutes ago
Yea I’m aware of the ferry schedules and I pack very light. But yes a good idea is to base on VG and do a couple day trips. Though I’d still love to do a couple nights on Anegada. Thanks for the tips.
2 40 Read More
British Virgin Islands
36 minutes ago
That sounds like a lot of packing and unpacking and time wasted traveling. There is also the logistics to consider, and cost. Ferries to Anegada only run three days/week, plus a Sunday morning run. Getting from Anegada to Jost would involve a ferry to Road Town, taxi to West End and ferry to Jost. You don't say when you want to do this trip, but Cane Garden Bay is overrun with cruise ship people, although less so in very low season.

Have you looked at options? Maybe chartering a smaller monohull. Another option would be staying on Virgin Gorda, doing Dive BVI's day trip to Jost and a day trip by ferry to Anegada. Look at Guavaberry Spring Bay. Look at renting a house on Great Camanoe that comes with a boat to do day trips.
2 40 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
Can’t seem to put together dates to sail with friends so…

Looking at doing a few nights at Leverick (or Bitter End or Saba), then ferry to Anegada for a couple nights and finally a couple on Jost or CGB.

Has anyone done something like this? If you have, any tips or insights?
2 40 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
David--for sure. They are building all over here, which I hate, actually, but I see crews all over the place here, putting up new poles, strengthening infrastructure, etc. GEBE 'service' will continue to get worse and worse, as they aren't keeping up now and government allows developers to build and build and build.
7 622 Read More
British Virgin Islands
2 hours ago
OP may have been talking about that pre Irma restaurant down there my kids used to call the tree house restaurant…what was that called?
16 509 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
What I don't get, did they think these generators were going to last forever??? 30 years ago, the amount of new builds was less than half it is today! No one can predict the future, but they had to figure based on progress from the past, these would not be able to service this new development!!
7 622 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
Let me tell you, when Sandbar first opened. We were there many times! Good food, good drinks! Live music! We brought friends there. Had a GREAT time!! Went there this past April. Sat down at the bar. I like the new bar, and location! We were one of three people. I had to call the bartender from the end of the bar, she saw us sit down! Finally she comes over. Made good drinks, time for a refill. Same thing, had to call her over, same three people at the bar! BUT we were not locals, dressed for an evening out to dinner! Second time, TOTALLY IGNORED!!! Two people at the bar! Walked out!! I'm in the service industry, I will NOT tolerate bad service anywhere!!! The bartender at SSBB told me that they now own Sandbar! We took it off the list! Really sad about this! It was a fun place close to Beachside!!!
8 1,525 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
5 519 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
Nothing on FB!!! I pray this is just a rumor!!
5 519 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
14 hours ago
I know that someone was killed but dont know whom . Prayers.
5 519 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:57 PM
I certainly hope it isn't, his wife is in Germany to give birth to their child; that would make it a triple tragedy.
5 519 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:41 PM
I responded to your Trip Advisor post so won’t repeat that novel here - lol. Glad to see that you posted here as well - as you can see, this is a great resource.
16 509 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
Thanks for the pictures. Nice to see both of you!
8 855 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
Zanshin--hopefully it isn't true. I know that the Daily Herald does not have a paper on Saturday (like my paper here at home). Best wishes.
5 519 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:15 PM
You are a beautiful couple! Don't miss those freaking lizards tho!😂. Thx for sharing your reports and photos!
8 855 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:03 PM
I just got a message that a fellow cruiser that I know was fatally shot yesterday in a robbery at a Cadisco; but I couldn't see a reference in the Daily Herald. Has anyone heard of this?
5 519 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:53 PM
Sorry to hear about the poor experience at the Sandbar -- we enjoyed going there for a drink and quick bite. We will have to give D's a try!
8 1,525 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:35 PM
Coco Maya has great food
However I would check if they have the DJ and disco if you are visiting in evening

I must be getting old … could barely hear the waitress or our group talking!!

And we were furthest away from the DJ.

Cheers

Bob
16 509 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
Thanks Dan.
4 259 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:27 PM
Thanks Lesley. I got your note as well. Thanks. I knew as soon as I posted my question I should have asked you first 👍
4 259 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:25 PM
Arriving Next Friday. ITS BEEN SEVEN YEARS and my 6 year old daughters first time. We all can't wait! Trip reports may be sporadic. Going to be very indisposed on the beach and swimming.
17 1,542 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 07:59 PM
Not mandatory .
4 259 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 07:26 PM
Had dinner at Coco Maya last year and the food was excellent. Would also recommend Sugarcane at Nail Bay
16 509 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 07:09 PM
Yep. Definitely useful. I think they’re $50/ charter from BVISUP.
3 257 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 07:03 PM
Then restaurant you were asking about in VG is "The Rock"
We had a fantastic meal there in April.
Never been to Coco Maya but everyone seems to like it.
Just not our "thing"

Mike
16 509 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2