Member Spotlight
murphycpcu
murphycpcu
Cincinnati
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
doones, dreamsfloatjoe, Grimes
Who's Online Now
41 registered members (JandIrene, cbinparadise, Bernd, lcote, fabila, Todd, Fletch, Matt W, taraavo, ChiTownHarry, KirkB, bailau, StMartinFan, davidandsusannj, magpie, Kevin_B, lbksxm, hokiesailor, duckfat, pandpfromcanada, Fitzhughlaw, caribbeangirl13, Alltech63, tmsxmsails, Buddyhog, deliveryskipper, jbutah, Rbailey, GeorgeC1, Uksimonusa, louismcc, 10 invisible), 866 guests, and 82 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
17 minutes ago
This was a really fun read and I appreciate you sharing in such detail. I wish I could teleport to Orange Fever.
6 321 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
38 minutes ago
It seems like every few months they post something on socials taunting a big come back, and then it goes radio silent again for a few months. I hope they do reopen; we enjoyed the place last year and missed visiting this year.
2 226 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by steve74
I assume wind conditions are a primary contributor to the issues being reported. We are taking this route next month - fingers crossed, we are a lighter family in body mass, but we make up for it with bags.

The E175 used on the route requires a minimum headwind and a dry runway to depart non stop to Miami. Even with those conditions they need to restrict the weight. Currently they are only booking the flight outbound to 60 people. The aircraft has 76 seats which is the max passenger load American is allowed to sub contract to outside airlines. Normally the aircraft would seat 82 to 86. They are running it at less than ¾ capacity.
The route however is very profitable with the current fare structure.
7 221 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Scott, we love the sushi at LaPlaya. We usually get the sashimi platter and a couple of rolls and it’s a feast .

We were at La Playa last month on 3 separate days where they had a big truck that scooped up all the seaweed about midmorning along La Playa and one or two of the other beaches if you’re staring at the water to the left, I’m not sure sure what those beachfront names are any longer.
7 1,131 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
I haven't had issues without the housing (yet) and this I am going on trip #3 with it. That said, it's great for not worrying about it with sand and water at the beach but hasn't been the best at UW. I think you nailed the reason being the lens. I will look into the wide angle. Thanks! Look forward to more of your pics. smile
9 747 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by CJIMI
I just booked our March 2025 trip, as the airfares were just posted. Same itinerary. Non-stop on a Saturday morning from PHL to SXM; with a return flight ten days later via Miami. I was pleasantly surprised by the airfare - About $140 less for the 2025 tickets, as opposed to the price that I paid for the tickets in 2024. I should actually say ticket, as I was able to get my wife's ticket using points - just had to pay the $96 or so in taxes.
Since the Air B&B studio that we had rented for the past three seasons at Residence Les Lataniers was no longer available, we rented a ground floor studio at Alamanda. Cost a few $ more, but it is newer and a bit closer to the beach.

We found flights more for March 2025 than we paid for March 2024 so you were lucky to save $140.
21 2,214 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Nice pic. What Dive shop you use?
3 469 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:40 PM
Used to walk tp to the French drummer that played with Bob and would take over drumming in the middle of a song and it may be 2 or 3 songs before they knew we switched drummers. 😀😀😀
9 615 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:08 PM
OK thanks
6 399 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 07:07 PM
That’s exactly how I tie up at Cooper or other places where backwinding is likely. Not only do you have a quiet peaceful night but it minimizes your swinging room. Nothing worse than something pounding your stateroom like a bass drum!
14 1,335 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 06:55 PM
It became how a credit card using the benefits can help your travel, not much of a tangent.
45 1,677 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 06:52 PM
Absolutely agree with VGR, RM wife and Manpot. No Scrub for us and after a subpar experience at Marina Cay this past trip (just got home last night), we will grab a MC ball and snorkel Diamond but cook on the boat.
9 620 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:56 PM
St MartinFan--yes, we have done a grocery run and Mark's run at the same time. They definitely do a huge takeout business.
10 767 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 02:09 PM
Alan, thanks, that is a great story.
5 400 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 12:23 PM
We arrived yesterday on American at 1:30.Touchdown to walking out the door was an hour and ten minutes. Waiting for the bags took the most time. They were still putting out West jet's bags when we got to baggage claim.
33 1,986 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:59 AM
There is currently no dinghy line. Two of us took the dinghy and the other two kayaked out. It was a very calm afternoon. We tied the kayak to the dinghy and took turns staying with the dinghy while the others snorkeled.

There used to be a dinghy line, but it no longer exists.
9 702 Read More
Africa
Yesterday at 04:51 AM
That is Canary Island! Enjoy your journey there!
4 7,879 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/05/2024 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Colour1
Just a note, Craig from Pack Light has rentals in Beacon Hill! Not on the beach. But for a couple of days before checking into BSV, why not, short walk to Simpson bay beach and Dinghy's!!

Thanks David. I'll keep that in mind for next time if needed. I finally made a decision and booked Horny Toad.
15 1,624 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/05/2024 06:09 PM
My experience was similar to Fabila's. I'm not a prude but found his requirements for measuring for the suit invasive and unnecessarily intimate. Thought my husband was going to take a swing at him. My husband apologized to me afterwards, as he had been the one to suggest I get a custom-made suit. It wasn't a particularly good fit.

Last suit I bought came from Costco. It was stretched out over a cardboard body-shape. Caused a few laughs as I took it to the car in the shopping cart!
27 2,707 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/05/2024 04:59 PM
That is why want to go for a tasting along with seeing the process.
8 663 Read More
United States & Canada
05/05/2024 04:19 PM
Yes we went back AGAIN! Great time and always. You can read about it here. Enjoy!!

https://susannj.com/2024/05/05/a-little-bit-of-everything-key-west-4-13-24-4-20-24
0 83 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
05/05/2024 10:29 AM
We visited Desert Sun in Palm Springs from April 25 to April 30, 2024. Open for business and still clothing-optional.
21 4,948 Read More
British Virgin Islands
05/04/2024 08:09 PM
Check out VOYAGE Charters out of Sopers Hole. Family owned and operated, best yachts in the business and the customer service is unmatched. They have agents that actually live in the BVI so they know all the boats and crew extremely well. Clare handles our bookings, her email is clare@voyagecharters.com
18 1,531 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/04/2024 05:27 PM
barry--no problem, but that really is a shame that Rainbow scr*ws that whole area, because of the noise.
22 1,565 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/04/2024 05:25 PM
Lancer--OK, that is disappointing, so you went to Miami and had to go down to purgatory to leave. IF you leave via a jetway upstairs, it is a much different experience.
6 791 Read More
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8