TravelTalkOnline

Dawn beach club/westin

Posted By: Dansc

Dawn beach club/westin - 04/16/2015 12:28 PM

Bit late since we bought yesterday but wanted to know others opinion. What do people think of this joint. Seems very hotel like unlike the low key divi feel. Also, anybody with kids go there, we didn't see many and we always come with our six year son.

Thanks!
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Dawn beach club/westin - 04/16/2015 01:08 PM

Probably not a good idea to hear what others think unless you have a "cooling off period" to get out of the contract.The best time to do your research is before your purchase if you are not certain. As you say, "it is a bit late".

Re: Dawn beach club/westin - 04/16/2015 01:14 PM

Yeah I know. We actually weren't planning on looking but got roped in. Did get a great deal and it does have 3bedrooms a washer dryer and dishwasher. Can be traded for 2weeks at divi through interval. Just want to see what others experience is.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Dawn beach club/westin - 04/16/2015 01:32 PM

Are you sure you can trade for two weeks or was that part of the sales pitch? Don't have too much confidence in trade affiliations and the promises of sales people. Good luck.
Posted By: Computerwise

Re: Dawn beach club/westin - 04/16/2015 02:29 PM

You didn't say which weeks you purchased? There are lots of kids during the holidays..xmas, easter..not going to be many during non holiday periods. Personally I would never buy a timeshare...like to have the freedom to stay when and where i want
Posted By: fabila

Re: Dawn beach club/westin - 04/16/2015 02:50 PM

They have a Westin's Kids club so children do enter into the equation with families visiting the hotel. One of the pools is shallow.

It is a full service hotel with all the amenities one would offer so it is not an intimate resort.

We like it there but it's not our first choice of locations on SXM.
Posted By: gracie105

Re: Dawn beach club/westin - 04/16/2015 04:04 PM

We own at the Westin we bought two years ago. We go in July and I have seen children there your son's age and younger. It is a really nice condo, I also own at the Flamingo there
are many more children there. The Westin is very quiet and not much action, you need to rent a car and explore. We love both resorts, but I don't have small children.
Posted By: BGH

Re: Dawn beach club/westin - 04/17/2015 12:07 AM

A good deal at what cost , maintain fees and length of term ....and what week of the year ..

Re: Dawn beach club/westin - 04/17/2015 12:09 PM

Floating week. It is an interval trade so nothing to do with dbc as to the 2week trade. Maint fees aren't that bad just a bit more than what we are paying for our one bed at divi.

Re: Dawn beach club/westin - 04/17/2015 02:09 PM

Hope you have better luck than most with trading. We got fed up with RCI when we went to trade our two bed four star in SXM and could only get studios and one beds. Now we just use our weeks at our home resort and are very happy. Fixed weeks for us.

Re: Dawn beach club/westin - 04/18/2015 12:31 PM

I agree scuba. Getting to be a pain

Re: Dawn beach club/westin - 04/18/2015 01:43 PM

Then what were your reasons to buy if I may ask.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline