TravelTalkOnline

divi barge near beach?

Posted By: Dansc

divi barge near beach? - 02/01/2016 04:04 PM

anyone know what that is all about?!

Re: divi barge near beach? - 02/01/2016 04:10 PM

Never mind, roger at divi at first wouldnt tell me but he finally did. They are building a new pier
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: divi barge near beach? - 02/01/2016 05:48 PM

On another forum, I read that it was partially for the purpose of bringing cruise ship visitors to Little Bay. I certainly hope this is not correct.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: divi barge near beach? - 02/01/2016 06:12 PM

Could be Aqua Mania for their excursions. I know that Dive Adventures out of Aqua Mania has to shuttle by a small boat the divers they pick up and bring back to and from the main boat to the Divi branch. Maybe someone there will get an answer.

Re: divi barge near beach? - 02/01/2016 07:26 PM

If you can believe this it is almost done. Barge is leaving tomorrow. apparently only some cosmetics left. never heard of a project like that being finished in 3 days in st. martin. Waiting to hear from a friend of mone that works at Divi to give me the reason for it.
Posted By: NebraskaLori

Re: divi barge near beach? - 02/01/2016 09:16 PM

Interested to know, will be at DIVI in 18 days for 10th visit!

Re: divi barge near beach? - 02/02/2016 12:26 AM

Well from what I have been told by divi employee is you will see a nice new pier!

Re: divi barge near beach? - 02/02/2016 11:44 AM

OK, so the mgmt isn't telling employees but rumor is divi is going yto take back the watersports. Again, just rumor.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: divi barge near beach? - 02/02/2016 01:05 PM

Dansc,

I sent you a PM

Re: divi barge near beach? - 02/02/2016 01:16 PM

I don't see it rondon
Posted By: Tom

Re: divi barge near beach? - 02/02/2016 01:23 PM

Most know that Divi has cruise ship folks brought to their beach now. But, if new pier is to accommodate customers directly from cruise ships via transport boats, I am sure that Divi mgmt. would love it but folks staying at Divi, as well as Belair, next door, would not appreciate an additional couple hundred people on their beaches.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: divi barge near beach? - 02/02/2016 03:40 PM

Tom we were told Divi no longer participates in the "round-robin" (each day of the week was a different beach) of cruises offering excursions to a beach because of owner complaints. But nothing stops ANYONE from using ANY beach and we've seen groups of cruisers who probably took a van on their own.

Hope this hasn't changed and that dock is for the Aqua Mania group.

Re: divi barge near beach? - 02/02/2016 07:25 PM

I have a pic of the new pier. Just trying to figure out how to post it.
Posted By: Tom

Re: divi barge near beach? - 02/02/2016 09:53 PM

I can only speak for what we saw in 1st half of January during our stay @ Belair when we walked Divi beach. Divi had many chairs and umbrellas on the beach that were separate from those provided for their guests. We could only assume that they were meant for cruise ship folks.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline