TravelTalkOnline

Travel/Medical Insurance - Too many options!

Posted By: jamaicamecrazy

Travel/Medical Insurance - Too many options! - 03/01/2016 06:10 PM

So I just read THOS' post about looking for a hospital in SXM and this is the third recent reminder that I should finish my research on travel/medical insurance for our upcoming trip in April.

My issue is there are too many insurance choices and I'm having trouble narrowing down the choices to what is right for us. Insurance is not my favorite subject, I have found the price can vary widely for no reason at all.

What ways do you determine which policy is right for you when you are looking at 75 choices on insuremytrip.com?

I think we want primary medical coverage and want to be taken to a qualified hospital if the situation is serious. We are not too worried about trip cancellation or delay but of course would take it as part of a package.

Any thoughts??

Thanks!
Posted By: Dansc

Re: Travel/Medical Insurance - Too many options! - 03/01/2016 06:16 PM

I got a very good policy Allianz. the policy is well reviewed. Oddly enough i got the second level plan that has higher reimbursements and better evac coverage and it was 6 dollars less than the basic. Odd but thats what i took. was $158 for 3 people.
Posted By: marybeth

Re: Travel/Medical Insurance - Too many options! - 03/01/2016 08:41 PM

We have used Sky Med for years - and actually had to use their services 3 years ago. I was satisfied with them but have no idea of the cost as we buy 3 or 5 years at a time as we travel a lot. I know you can buy for just a certain period of time but then they have pre-existing condition clauses you need to watch for.
Posted By: sailbynight

Re: Travel/Medical Insurance - Too many options! - 03/02/2016 03:54 PM

IMG Direct insurers. They cover many mariners, pilots, NGO workers, et al. and know what they are doing.
Posted By: Bobcat

Re: Travel/Medical Insurance - Too many options! - 03/02/2016 04:15 PM

Insuremytrip website allows you to select the options you need and want, medical & dental plus evacuation coverage.

Also when we fly United they too offer coverage at a click of the mouse.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Travel/Medical Insurance - Too many options! - 03/02/2016 04:34 PM

Most airlines do that. I know that Jet Blue and AA do, through Alliance.
Posted By: Bobcat

Re: Travel/Medical Insurance - Too many options! - 03/02/2016 05:07 PM

United uses Allianz.

Re: Travel/Medical Insurance - Too many options! - 03/02/2016 05:21 PM

I probably spelled it wrong. They may do most of the business with all the airlines, I don't know.

Re: Travel/Medical Insurance - Too many options! - 03/02/2016 06:06 PM

i'd rather do it throught the sponsors page so the forum gets a little bit. Maintaining this site is clearly time consuming and i would imagine fairly costly.

Re: Travel/Medical Insurance - Too many options! - 03/02/2016 06:08 PM

Thanks! Insure my trip is a great way to compare prices.

Re: Travel/Medical Insurance - Too many options! - 03/02/2016 06:34 PM

assuming you are talking to me carol, you are very welcome. I went through insure my trip
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline