TravelTalkOnline

Travel Protection

Posted By: gracie105

Travel Protection - 02/02/2017 10:31 PM

I wanted to purchase travel protection, can anyone suggest a good plan?

Thank you
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Travel Protection - 02/02/2017 11:28 PM

Usually the airline you book with have those available for an add on.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Travel Protection - 02/02/2017 11:44 PM

There are a million different travel insurance companies and plans. You can compare plans at Insure my Trip, a TTOL sponsor. For medical evac only, consider Sky Med, which takes you back to your home. For either company, if you book through the link here, you pay the same price, but TTOL gets a small commission.
Posted By: gracie105

Re: Travel Protection - 02/03/2017 12:40 AM

Thank you
Posted By: bluejacket

Re: Travel Protection - 02/03/2017 01:29 AM

I purchased Sky Med last December. It covered both of us for 8 days for only $120.00. Thankfully we didn't have to use it.
Also, purchased trip insurance from Delta, when I bought the tickets. Can't remember how much it was, but it wasn't too much.
Posted By: 4Driver4

Re: Travel Protection - 02/03/2017 01:42 AM

Some of the higher annual fee credit cards offer it now. Check that out before you buy anything.

For anything travel related that is hard to cancel in an emergency, I always use my Chase Sapphire Reserve and get full insurance for "free"
Posted By: Dansc

Re: Travel Protection - 02/06/2017 06:58 PM

we use insure my trip every time to get ttol some loot. ALways easy. One trick, check the policy coverages. Oddly enough the basic is more expensive than other offerings with less coverage. My guess is they are trying to trick folks
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Travel Protection - 02/06/2017 07:56 PM

"the basic is more expensive than other offerings with less coverage"?????? What am I missing here? Something should be more expensive if it has MORE coverage.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline