TravelTalkOnline

Kids age 6,8 and 10 First trip to St. Martin

Posted By: EWortman

Kids age 6,8 and 10 First trip to St. Martin - 03/28/2017 04:46 PM

Our grandkids are coming with us and their parents to celebrate our 25th Anniversary.Anybody have any cool ideas.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Kids age 6,8 and 10 First trip to St. Martin - 03/28/2017 04:58 PM

Parrots, butterflies, beach and airplanes
Posted By: Dansc

Re: Kids age 6,8 and 10 First trip to St. Martin - 03/28/2017 05:11 PM

def galion beach. get the butterfly farm plus a great beach for kids all in one spot
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Kids age 6,8 and 10 First trip to St. Martin - 03/28/2017 05:21 PM

Definitely Parrotte Ville, also the Carousel in Simpson Bay. And, not that you probably hadn't already thought of it before, but maybe offer to keep the grandkids one evening so the parents can enjoy a lovely dinner out together..
Posted By: Canuck54

Re: Kids age 6,8 and 10 First trip to St. Martin - 03/28/2017 11:23 PM

We did it with our 5 and 8 year old grandsons and did the baby sitting as Carol suggested a couple of times with great appreciation from our kids. Must do the Parrot Ville, they also loved the butterfly farm and the plane watching. Also a hit was the floating park at the end of the boardwalk in Phillipsburg, they were completely tuckered out but loved it. Since it was calm when we were there we spent a couple of days at Kon Tiki where jet ski's were rented. Great memories!!!
Posted By: Grammiemarge

Re: Kids age 6,8 and 10 First trip to St. Martin - 03/29/2017 04:16 PM

In our 25 years of going to SXM, my oldest grandchild will be
30 this coming Sunday and will again be with me with his 4 month old son (and wife). In the past all 8 of them have been with us at some time or other. There is a lot for them to do and none have ever been bored. Also the Fireball at
Buccaneer Beach on Friday nights appeals to the kids. Mine
have all done everything from horseback riding, zip-lining and the pool there, banana boat riding, jet skiing, Orient,
butterfly farm, para sailing and snorkeling. Have fun!!!!
Posted By: EWortman

Re: Kids age 6,8 and 10 First trip to St. Martin - 03/29/2017 04:27 PM

Is there an age or a weight requirement for the zip line?
Posted By: Grammiemarge

Re: Kids age 6,8 and 10 First trip to St. Martin - 03/29/2017 09:05 PM

I checked with my son and he said there is a "lower" zipline
for kids under 18, but difficult. Also a "small" one for
younger kids. I believe an adult has to go on the intermediate one with the child.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline