TravelTalkOnline

Sint Maarten government to inspect all buildings

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Sint Maarten government to inspect all buildings - 09/28/2017 05:18 PM

Interesting Dunno, to me, sounds like red tape, preventing people even from making repairs??
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Dutch government to inspect all buildings - 09/28/2017 05:29 PM

I think it's a good thing to have building required to have permits. Going to stop people from doing makeshift structural repairs that will only make the same buildings susceptible to future damage.

Re: Dutch government to inspect all buildings - 09/28/2017 05:36 PM

Well, I guess it depends on what they mean by 'repairs'. There are a lot of things which would need to be done to just secure the property to prevent further damage from rain, etc.
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: Dutch government to inspect all buildings - 09/28/2017 05:53 PM

Yes it is a good thing but do you have any idea how long it will take to get things moving?? Are there enough employees for the inspections? Just about every home and business has been destroyed or partially damaged.
Posted By: PrairieGirl

Re: Dutch government to inspect all buildings - 09/28/2017 06:14 PM

Carol, I think that the subject line should be changed to the government of Sint Maarten. Vromi is a local ministry. I don't the the Dutch government has anything to do with this.

Re: Dutch government to inspect all buildings - 09/28/2017 07:50 PM

You are correct. Sorry.
Posted By: SXMDeepBleu

Re: Dutch government to inspect all buildings - 09/28/2017 08:00 PM

VROMI is the housing and spatial planning, environment and Infrastructure regulatory extension of the Sint Maarten Govt.

They advise and control through the Govt. structure. Pretty much all sitting in the same boat.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline