TravelTalkOnline

How Government ruined Air Lekkerbek

Posted By: Julius

How Government ruined Air Lekkerbek - 02/23/2018 12:50 AM

Daily Herald link

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RonDon

Re: How Government ruined Air Lekkerbek - 02/23/2018 12:07 PM

How sad for these people. Thanks for posting this.
Posted By: moontide

Re: How Government ruined Air Lekkerbek - 02/23/2018 03:56 PM

This is a very unfortunate ending for these people who deserve to be treated with respect and support. However, I can't say I'm surprised by the local government's shameless action. I am very surprised that a chamber of commerce, whose main responsibility is to promote tourism being an advocate and support for local business, is involved in this. The chamber needs to find a way to resolve this in a win win for the chamber and the Air Lekkerbek business to coexist on the same property. Perhaps, a long term lease if possible. Chamber of Commerce's should not be sabotaging local business. Just my opinion.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: How Government ruined Air Lekkerbek - 02/23/2018 04:03 PM

I honestly don't know anything about this situation, but please understand that this was a letter to the editor, written by the owners of Air Lekkerbek. So perhaps there is more to the story..
Posted By: irina

Re: How Government ruined Air Lekkerbek - 02/23/2018 04:52 PM

Carol,
I believe this letter. Sounds about right. We got a royal runaround that ruined our plans. Same thing, different day as they say.
No one takes responsibility and everyone is out for themselves.
Same as here in Miami!
irina

Re: How Government ruined Air Lekkerbek - 02/23/2018 04:53 PM

Oh, it could well be true, was just saying that it is from their standpoint.
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: How Government ruined Air Lekkerbek - 02/23/2018 06:26 PM

What reason would they have not to tell the truth. I really feel for these people trying to make a living. SXM is sooooo corrupt!

Re: How Government ruined Air Lekkerbek - 02/23/2018 06:29 PM

As I said, I don't know anything about this situation personally. But everyone has their version of 'the truth'...
Posted By: pat

Re: How Government ruined Air Lekkerbek - 02/24/2018 12:42 AM

So very sad to read this though I think I've heard the story before. Only the names have been changed (to protect the innocent - all of them?) but the situations and the behavior on the part of the government sounds very familiar. Will it ever end?
Posted By: torch

Re: How Government ruined Air Lekkerbek - 02/26/2018 12:52 PM

I am very disappointed at the Government's treatment of the Air Lekkerbek owners. The owner is a class act and I always enjoyed dropping in for a beer when in St Maarten. The hospitality of the owner needs to be experienced and he is the type of person St Maarten should be encouraging to operate local businesses. As an aviation lover, I always enjoyed spending time at Air Lekkerbek and researching the history of the aircraft. I even sent the owner some pictures of the aircraft when it operated for Winair. It is a great piece of St Maarten history and should be preserved and I can't think of anyone more equipped to do so than the current owners
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline