TravelTalkOnline

Binoculars

Posted By: dolfer

Binoculars - 09/18/2018 02:36 PM

I'm interested in maybe buying a decent pair of binoculars. Does anyone have a recommendation for where to go?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Binoculars - 09/18/2018 02:41 PM

A few years back I bought a pair of stieners at boochands and thought I got a good price. Could had got same price or cheaper on ebay or amason. Best to do your research and homework before you go. Or Support the island and buy there.
Posted By: dolfer

Re: Binoculars - 09/18/2018 02:50 PM

Boochands is in Philipsburg?
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Binoculars - 09/18/2018 03:03 PM

Yes
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Binoculars - 09/18/2018 03:04 PM

I got these a few months ago (Amazon) and they are great for a easily packable 8x32 binoc...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AHC6IZG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Posted By: BVIhockey

Re: Binoculars - 09/18/2018 04:23 PM

Greetings. I've had great experience with the Nikon Monarch 5 and 7. Have both as well as I had Swarovski which I sold - too expensive and I worried too much when I carried them! The monarch's have been bullet proof and for the money excellent optics. I bought both at different times from REI when they have their 20% off of one full price item for members sale.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Binoculars - 09/18/2018 04:27 PM

I would suggest Boolchands also. I agree it's best to purchase at home, for quality and price. However, last trip I forgot our binocs somehow, and almost thought about going to buy some on island, but decided to do without. We use our binoculars a lot at Beachside.
Posted By: pat

Re: Binoculars - 09/18/2018 04:33 PM

Mitch,

Unless you really feel you NEED them for this trip, I’d take a look at the Nikon Monarchs and compare options at home. It’s a lot easier to send them back to Amazon than it is to Boolchands (a good company to deal with btw...) unless you’d only return them in person and if so, I’d opt for Boolchands. 😊😊
Posted By: kccouple

Re: Binoculars - 09/19/2018 01:02 AM

Times have changed and the good deals you may have gotten back long ago are not as great as they once were.Look at amazon, walmart etc. My opinion
Posted By: kim

Re: Binoculars - 09/19/2018 01:38 AM

Search B&H Photo. Have always had great luck with them. Easy website. Probably closed for the Jewish Holiday but you can still search and order
Posted By: wabid

Re: Binoculars - 09/19/2018 02:50 PM

Cabelas is always a good bet. Huge selection. I have several Nikon binoculars (wife used to work for a Nikon distributor). Very solid. We always take a pair down. Used to sit on my perch way atop the C building (sniff) at SBR for hours. Great fun watching the comings and goings of Simpson bay.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Binoculars - 09/19/2018 08:18 PM

One year checked around the stores in SXM then next year bought them at Bass Pro Shop a lot cheaper and better selection. So many it was hard to choose.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline