TravelTalkOnline

Persciptions at local island pharmacies.it at all possible to

Posted By: laughingirish

Persciptions at local island pharmacies.it at all possible to - 07/19/2019 03:34 PM

Would it be possible to go to a pharmarcry on island with a US written script and have it filled at a more affordable cost than at home ? Any info is appreciated.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Persciptions at local island pharmacies.it at all possible to - 07/19/2019 03:36 PM

Yes. As long as they carry it. We tried to have one filled and it wasn't available on island.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Persciptions at local island pharmacies.it at all possible to - 07/19/2019 03:37 PM

Yes, you can get a US script filled. I have just given a pharmacy my pill bottle and had it filled. Pricing...depends what the script is.

Wendell

Re: Persciptions at local island pharmacies.it at all possible to - 07/19/2019 03:51 PM

Thank you for the feedback.
Posted By: mort

Re: Persciptions at local island pharmacies.it at all possible to - 07/19/2019 04:04 PM

I fax/scan a copy of prescription to Simpson Bay Pharmacy a couple of weeks before my arrival. They can then order it if not carried there
Pick it up when I arrive
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Persciptions at local island pharmacies.it at all possible to - 07/19/2019 05:46 PM

We didn't do it, and it may well depend on what type of a prescription it is, but the Simpson Bay Pharmacy also said that they would do mail order prescriptions back to the states.

Re: Persciptions at local island pharmacies.it at all possible to - 07/19/2019 10:27 PM

Thank you Carol and all who replied. I was looking to save some money but come to find out Goodrx.com here in the states offers very good discounts that are far beyond what we expected. You download coupon and bring to your pharmacist and discount put through at great savings.
Posted By: Bill_S

Re: Persciptions at local island pharmacies.it at all possible to - 07/19/2019 11:36 PM

We haven’t been on island since before the disastrous hurricane, but there is one additional piece of information that might be of use:

We learned that pharmacists on the French side have prescription powers similar to that of Physician’s Assistants in the USA. So if you unexpectedly come down with something needing new meds, a French side pharmacist might be able to treat your problem.

It worked for us several times over the years.
Posted By: Mbrott

Re: Persciptions at local island pharmacies.it at all possible to - 07/20/2019 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by laughingirish
Thank you Carol and all who replied. I was looking to save some money but come to find out Goodrx.com here in the states offers very good discounts that are far beyond what we expected. You download coupon and bring to your pharmacist and discount put through at great savings.

GoodRX is great. It also works for pet prescriptions.
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: Persciptions at local island pharmacies.it at all possible to - 07/20/2019 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bill_S

We learned that pharmacists on the French side have prescription powers similar to that of Physician’s Assistants in the USA. So if you unexpectedly come down with something needing new meds, a French side pharmacist might be able to treat your problem.

It worked for us several times over the years.

Worked for me also. Developed diverticulitis while in SXM a few years ago. Went to a French side pharmacy and explained this drug is what I needed. No problem, filled the drug and was improved in a few days.
Posted By: Bill_S

Re: Persciptions at local island pharmacies.it at all possible to - 07/21/2019 12:19 AM

I actually learned about this on a business trip to the Paris Air Show a few years before using it on an SXM vacation. My then-company’s local rep gave me the clue bird when I had a need partway into show week. I then remembered it when I later had a need in St. Martin.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline