TravelTalkOnline

Meet and Greet - Reminder

Posted By: jazzgal

Meet and Greet - Reminder - 12/01/2019 08:36 PM

Reminder there is a Meet and Greet at Bar Code on Monday, December 2. Arrival any time after 4 PM. Listed below are those from TTOL as well as Facebook groups who have said they will attend. See you there!

MEET AND GREET DECEMBER 2, 2019

TTOL
Cleta Bainbridge (Rabby)
Larry Bainbridge (Biturbo)
David Langston
Georgia Langston
Marygrace Nardozzi (maybe)
Richard (gomer 36)
Nattasha
Elizabeth Millenor
Todd Benner
Mj Benner
Tim (MrTim-BTV)
Helen (MrTim-BTV)
Bill Miller
Elaine Miller
Lori Weinstein
Tad Weinstein
Linda Lehmann (jazzgal)

Simply SXM
Jeannie Gee
David Donald
Wendy Kranz
Bradford Mast
Lorna Mast
Neil Whitely
Vikki Whitely
Vanessa White
Andy White
Jane Ann Therond-Netto
Lesley Elvis Bruce
Susan Finefrock
William Finefrock
Jeff Jhangiani
Tamara Rodriguez

SXM or Bust!
Robin O’Neil Uberbacher
Ed Uberbacher
Judi
ANDYA
Cinda Frye
Posted By: MrTim-BTV

Re: Meet and Greet - Reminder - 12/02/2019 03:20 PM

With apologies, Helen and I, are going to have to pass on the meet up today. the other 3 couples we are here with can't get their acts together, and are having issues with getting to and deciding on what time to have dinner this evening. They have decided on 5:30 for dinner, (isn't that lunch time / happy hour around here? Damn rookies!) The perils of coming with a bigger group. We will be back for 3 weeks at the end of March, perhaps there will be another gathering?

MrTim
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Meet and Greet - Reminder - 12/02/2019 03:59 PM

I can understand their sentiments of passing on a meet and greet. If they are new to the island and don't know others that will be there they could have visions of being a third wheel.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Meet and Greet - Reminder - 12/02/2019 09:22 PM

Sorry Linda ,but I got the flu. Next time.

Re: Meet and Greet - Reminder - 12/04/2019 03:40 PM

Tim and Kenny - sorry you couldn't make it. We did have a good turnout - about 25 - and I took a lot of pictures, which will have to wait until I get back home. Bar Code's service was excellent, and I think they were pleased with the added business. Several stayed for dinner. All in all, a successful party.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Meet and Greet - Reminder - 12/04/2019 03:46 PM

I was wondering how it went. Anyone else there who could post some pics or a report?
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Meet and Greet - Reminder - 12/04/2019 04:18 PM

Good to hear , thanks. How's the food ?
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Meet and Greet - Reminder - 12/04/2019 05:20 PM

A lovely evening indeed. Although we didn't stay for dinner, I can highly recommend the food there. Thanks once again Linda!

Re: Meet and Greet - Reminder - 12/04/2019 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
I was wondering how it went. Anyone else there who could post some pics or a report?

I've already said I would post pictures when I get home. Patience is a virtue. smile

Re: Meet and Greet - Reminder - 12/04/2019 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by BillandElaine
A lovely evening indeed. Although we didn't stay for dinner, I can highly recommend the food there. Thanks once again Linda!

Normally I would agree with you. That night I ordered their lamp special, and it was tough as leather; good flavor, but I couldn't swallow any bites I had because I couldn't chew them sufficiently. They did take it back and didn't charge me. I was disappointed as I really like lamb. And I do recommend their food.

Re: Meet and Greet - Reminder - 12/04/2019 05:56 PM

Wow. It takes a lot to make a chewy lamb.
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: Meet and Greet - Reminder - 12/04/2019 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Wow. It takes a lot to make a chewy lamb.

Unless you buy a rack or loin chops, which only take minutes on a grill, the remainder of the lamb is a tough cut. Needs to be braised for a few hours or it will be very tough. (like the lamb shanks), delicious but tough if not cooked right.

Re: Meet and Greet - Reminder - 12/04/2019 07:43 PM

We eat a lot of lamb at home. Chops, racks, whole leg, shoulder steaks, ground, you name it. Never tough unless you overcook it which is a sin for any meat.
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: Meet and Greet - Reminder - 12/04/2019 09:33 PM

I’ve never had lamp before but I imagine it would be on the tough side.

Re: Meet and Greet - Reminder - 12/04/2019 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by MotownTim
I’ve never had lamp before but I imagine it would be on the tough side.

Hahahahaha
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: Meet and Greet - Reminder - 12/05/2019 12:22 AM

Just having fun Jazzgal. It sounds like the party was a lot of fun. Wish I’d been there. Congrats!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline