TravelTalkOnline

Our Nov/Dec trip....

Posted By: pat

Our Nov/Dec trip.... - 11/01/2020 06:30 PM

So! My air arrangements - please AA, no more changes - are all squared away as is my airport transport both ways. Our SXM accommodations are great - thank you, Tracy and BSV. Our rental car is covered - that Lesley is THE MAN! Our groceries are ordered and we all know Jeannie takes awesome care of her clients with never a glitch.

I don’t think I have missed anything and now we only have two more obstacles to get out of our way and both of them are ultimately beyond our control so please, keep your fingers crossed for us, Peeps, as I will for all of you hoping to travel soon.

I’ve made up my mind, should one more obstacle arise against this trip we’re canning it but this would really hurt on top of all the other cancellations this year and it would make this the first year since 1973 we didn’t hit the island at least once in the calendar year.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Our Nov/Dec trip.... - 11/01/2020 06:51 PM

Okay Madam , I just saw Jeannie making her rounds this morning.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Our Nov/Dec trip.... - 11/01/2020 06:53 PM

Best wishes!! I SO hope nothing goes wrong for you.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Our Nov/Dec trip.... - 11/01/2020 09:01 PM

Hope it all comes together, sorry we will not be there like last year.
Posted By: gomer36

Re: Our Nov/Dec trip.... - 11/01/2020 11:20 PM

We'll be at BSV December 1st Pat...so far our AA flights haven't budged since we booked them, unlike our Delta flights that got cancelled 3 times. Just a super tight connection in CLT the only worry thus far. Hope to see you there.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Our Nov/Dec trip.... - 11/02/2020 12:04 AM

Since you are of an enquiring mind, I enjoy Chimay.

Re: Our Nov/Dec trip.... - 11/02/2020 01:03 AM

Enjoy, gomer!! Wish I was going to be there too!
Posted By: gomer36

Re: Our Nov/Dec trip.... - 11/02/2020 01:41 AM

Thanks Carol! And as per usual, I jinxed myself with my AA flights being solid thus far comment. I checked right after my last post, and sure enough..all my flights thru CLT were cancelled, and didn't even show a flight for us on to SXM on the way down. We now couldn't get there the same day leaving the 1st, so we're getting another day in paradise if these flights hold, and the 40 minute connection on the way down is now 90 minutes, so that's better. No food served on the flight, so that will give us time to grab some snacks and still find some overhead space, board when our group is called, etc. Both ways now thru MIA. If you have flights on AA thru CLT in December, might want to check. I didn't get an email from AA regarding the big time changes either.

Re: Our Nov/Dec trip.... - 11/02/2020 02:10 AM

Yikes! Hope the current schedule holds for you.
Posted By: fabila

Re: Our Nov/Dec trip.... - 11/02/2020 02:47 AM

Good luck Pat. Fingers crossed for you and John.
Posted By: Wingman

Re: Our Nov/Dec trip.... - 11/02/2020 10:45 AM

I'm crossing my fingers too for you Pat. Best of luck that nothing goes wrong. Safe travels.
Posted By: the captain

Re: Our Nov/Dec trip.... - 11/05/2020 01:04 AM

Good luck and happy travels!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline