TravelTalkOnline

Sunday - 4/18

Posted By: pat

Sunday - 4/18 - 04/19/2021 01:28 AM

So we spent the day here at home at BSV. Breakfast on our deck and lunch there as well. Met some new neighbors at the pool and said our good-byes to others.

The skies were somewhat over cast much of the day and the sun was mostly hiding on us early on but when it came out full strength? Oh, my......easy burn days, particularly for us blond haired blue eyed visitors. Trust me on this.

Less seaweed on the beach this morning and the staff was busy raking what there was by 7:30. And thankfully, not as much floating on the water either.

Went to Fat Tony’s for dinner - their pizza was calling to us. Our neighbors joined us but had dinner platters instead which they seemed to enjoy. We brought half our pizza home - lunch for later on this week?

I need to correct something I said somewhere the other day - The Spaghetti House, which has become a definite favorite, at Jordan Village is closed Saturdays and not on Sunday as I think I mistakenly stated somewhere.

No fancy yachts off our beach but the meandering cruise ships pop in and out all day long and we seem to have a bunch of cargo and working boats to watch. Between them and the planes it just never gets old.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Sunday - 4/18 - 04/19/2021 12:51 PM

Sounds good, Pat! ....although I'm thinking at this rate, you may need to get another shipment from Shop N Drop, or else shocked go to the grocery store! grin toast

Re: Sunday - 4/18 - 04/19/2021 01:28 PM

A quick run into and right back out of the grocery store is okay with me but to do a whole shopping order is a total turn-off for me. Fine for those who enjoy it but that would not be me.

And believe it or not, to me a major part of the pleasure of being at BSV is to not HAVE to go out to eat if we choose not to. Not into major cooking down here but coffee and toast or pastries, or even a scrambled egg, is not a big deal and doesn’t really qualify as cooking. And reheating pizza slices - same thing. Now tuna salad sandwiches is pushing it a bit but for my DH I’ll gladly make the sacrifice. 😊😊

Re: Sunday - 4/18 - 04/19/2021 01:43 PM

Oh Pat I definitely agree that a very nice part of staying at BSV is not having to go somewhere to get something to eat. We do a whole lot more real cooking there than you do though. smile If you feel like a SHORT road trip one day, you could check out that new place by Alegria. I think we will definitely try it while we are there..
Posted By: kim

Re: Sunday - 4/18 - 04/19/2021 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Sounds good, Pat! ....although I'm thinking at this rate, you may need to get another shipment from Shop N Drop, or else shocked go to the grocery store! grin toast

Or GO TO THE STORE!!! Amazing what you will find, especially at the larger Carrefor stores!!!

Re: Sunday - 4/18 - 04/19/2021 02:05 PM

Hey Kim, I personally LOVE going to the grocery store in SXM, so you're preaching to the choir, to me!! grin
Posted By: kim

Re: Sunday - 4/18 - 04/19/2021 02:08 PM

We have actually started doing more cooking in after going! Have learned to make amazing oven ribs and nothing like grilling overlooking the deep blue sea!!

Re: Sunday - 4/18 - 04/19/2021 02:45 PM

We did make one stop at Carrefour by Marks but it’s huge and I don’t have the patience for wandering aimlessly looking for a simple need. Most times I’d rather do without unless it was essential. Shopndrop is so much simpler.........

And we’ve done DH’s favorite meal - grilled rib-eyes w/baked potatoes and sautéed fresh mushrooms and onions - on the grill here at Beachside. It is a whole lot different grilling on the deck with the waves as back ground music than it is at home while listening to the noisy tree frogs. Just not this trip......😊😊
Posted By: dolfer

Re: Sunday - 4/18 - 04/19/2021 08:30 PM

I'm with Carol. I love grocery shopping on the island. Especially at the Super U in Marigot. Plus the kitchens at the Belair are small but big enough and well equipped for me to cook some real nice dinners.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Sunday - 4/18 - 04/19/2021 08:55 PM

I really enjoy wandering the aisles at the Carrefour in Cole Bay and the Super U in Marigot....lots of interesting items to pick up.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline