TravelTalkOnline

Day 5

Posted By: dolfer

Day 5 - 04/29/2021 11:28 AM

Went through our normal routine but after coffee and a walk we headed out to breakfast at the yacht club. Traffic was heavy but moving along fairly well. Had to wait to get get into SMYC parking lot because in addition to cars their were construction trucks working on the yacht damaged docks.

As usual the Bloody Mary's and Eggs Benedict were fabulous. We were very pleased to see the progress made in cleaning up the ship wrecks that were everywhere on our last trip in 2018.

From there we headed to Carrefour to do the shopping we intended to do on Tuesday.

I was pleased to see they had a tech store within the market and I was able to get a new case for my phone. The tech then helped me pick a case out and then installed a new screen protector and the case. All for $30 which I thought was quite reasonable all things considered.

Returned 'home' and lounged around in the water and then on our porch after the rain started. It rained lightly most if the rest of the day.

Dinner was fresh salmon broiled in the toaster oven accompanied by mac-n-cheese and scalloped potato leftovers from Mark's Place last night. A fabulous meal. And no bill at the end.

We really enjoy using two of my favorite apps, MarineTracker and. FlightRadar24 to identify the ships and planes we see moving across the water and sky in front of us. It can be fascinating to realize where they've been and where they are going. Was very surprised to see a large freighter heading out of Philipsburg that was heading to Halifax Nova Scotia. Crazy.

More tomorrow.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Day 5 - 04/29/2021 11:55 AM

I was pleased to see they had a tech store within the market and I was able to get a new case for my phone. The tech then helped me pick a case out and then installed a new screen protector and the case. All for $30 which I thought was quite reasonable all things considered.

Tech Hub (inside Carrefour) is a very good place with knowledgeable and helpful people.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Day 5 - 04/29/2021 01:03 PM

I was wondering whether the Yacht Club had been able to fix their docks yet. Hopefully the yacht's insurance has taken care of it.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Day 5 - 04/29/2021 08:46 PM

I swear by Tech Hub. They have helped me many times and are quite knowledgeable. Reasonably priced, also.
Posted By: pat

Re: Day 5 - 04/29/2021 09:27 PM

I don’t know about insurance and/or who’s paying but earlier this week there were still police warning tapes and I think they were working on repairs. Seeing where the actual impact happened, thank God no one was hurt. It’s a minor miracle IMO.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline