TravelTalkOnline

Car rental/airport

Posted By: daily2

Car rental/airport - 05/01/2021 01:30 PM

For over 20 years we have been renting a car and always had pick up at the airport. Yesterday we were told we would need to take a taxi to the hotel and they would deliver it there. I know there has been alot of construction, but I thought that was done now. Is this the norm now?
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Car rental/airport - 05/01/2021 01:37 PM

We picked ours up at the airport , but maybe Leslie
will join in on this post and update any changes that may have very recently occurred.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Car rental/airport - 05/01/2021 03:50 PM

Airport pick up and drop off.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Car rental/airport - 05/01/2021 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Kennys
Airport pick up and drop off.

That was the question. Still allowed by ental agencies? Any changes? Hertz has always been there to pick us up at airport and then return us with their shuttle service.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Car rental/airport - 05/01/2021 06:54 PM

Most agencies now pick you up at the airport with a shuttle and take you to their office to give you the car. A few places actually deliver the car to the airport. It used to be, MANY years ago, that car rental agencies could not do business at the airport at all, but that was long ago. I have not heard of any changes to that effect, which would be a huge change. What agency are you talking about??
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Car rental/airport - 05/02/2021 10:31 AM

I would try a different rental agency. Having to take a taxi to where you are staying is kinda lame....unless that is your preference
Posted By: Dutchman

Re: Car rental/airport - 05/03/2021 12:17 AM

Leslie is who we use (12 times at least over the years) because of his service at the airport and no shuttle bus.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline