TravelTalkOnline

Day 12

Posted By: dolfer

Day 12 - 05/06/2021 11:43 AM

Did our morning routine (coffee, and a walk). Then we decided to shake it up a bit.

Packed up a few things, donned our swim suits and headed towards Simpson Bay and the Buccaneer Beach Bar.

It was before noon so there was plenty of parking spots available. Had a drink at the bar and had a nice conversation with Martha, one of the managers.

We moved down to beach chairs (no charge if your buying something) and once settled in we went swimming. Very interesting how different the sand is from the Belair beach sand. Whiter and courser, more crushed shells maybe, but spongier and softer.

A little later we ordered a lunch of Coconut Shrimp and fries. Both were hot, crispy and very tasty. Some of the best fries I've had in a long time.

We also enjoyed the different view. Planes, boats and diving pelicans.

All in all a very wonderful experience. We were so glad we went.

Dinner was at our resort. It was lobster night and we had a great time laughing with everybody. Bradley the bartender had us all in stitches.

Covid tests tomorrow.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Day 12 - 05/06/2021 01:04 PM

Too bad you waited till almost the end to get to Simpson Bay! I would have gone for Mary's Boon or Karakter or El Zafiro instead, but sounds like a nice day.

Re: Day 12 - 05/06/2021 03:25 PM

No regrets. With the way we felt after surviving 2020 and the current covid conditions we felt very comfortable staying 'home' and enjoyed every minute. My wife and I are a great team and after 43 years of wedded bliss we almost always are on the same page and we've learned to make decisions, go with the flow and if we miss something cool or important we resolve to back to it later.

Besides I don't think we could have enjoyed any place more than we did the BBB and Kim-Sha beach.

Re: Day 12 - 05/06/2021 03:50 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean to criticize your choices. I know that we will stick close to 'home' for the most part, when we are finally able to get back to SXM in June.

Re: Day 12 - 05/06/2021 05:55 PM

No worries and no offense taken.

Re: Day 12 - 05/06/2021 06:11 PM

thanks
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline