TravelTalkOnline

Cooked in last night

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Cooked in last night - 05/16/2021 12:06 PM

After a day by the pool we decided to BBQ some wild Alaska king salmon we brought with us on our deck. We lucked out because right when we finished eating GEBE did it's thing. Luckily Flamingo has a powerful generator and all was well. Just a 2 minute lap till it kicked in. Now we have a new roommate. Miss or mister Gecko is now having free roam in our room. Fast little bugger. Can't catch it. Off to Orient this morning.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Cooked in last night - 05/16/2021 12:09 PM

Glad for the generator. Geckos are a good thing. They eat bugs!! toast

Re: Cooked in last night - 05/16/2021 12:18 PM

Yes. Speaking of bugs. Seen zero mosquitoes on island so far. 🤞
Posted By: dolfer

Re: Cooked in last night - 05/16/2021 12:34 PM

They're probably no bugs because of the gecko. Ha ha! Seriously though in some areas of the world a gecko in the house is a good sign.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Cooked in last night - 05/16/2021 01:06 PM

Just wait until the gecko chirps keep you awake at night! LOL
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Cooked in last night - 05/16/2021 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by BillandElaine

Yes! That almost ruined our eco-camp vacation in St John. Worse than crickets when trying to get to sleep.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Cooked in last night - 05/16/2021 06:46 PM

They were quite talkative at night in our rental house in Costa Rica but they did not wander into any of the bedrooms....and they do keep bugs under control.

Re: Cooked in last night - 05/16/2021 09:34 PM

Guess I'd better drink more to sleep through it. 😁
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: Cooked in last night - 05/16/2021 10:05 PM

But the no see ums have been viscous in Orient village mornings and evenings! The wife has welts!
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Cooked in last night - 05/16/2021 10:54 PM

Flamingo has grills on their decks?

Re: Cooked in last night - 05/16/2021 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by GaKaye
Flamingo has grills on their decks?

just my unit. Two spas too.
Posted By: lina

Re: Cooked in last night - 05/20/2021 01:13 PM

we have come to the conclusion, we would rather eat in than go out. We are early risers, about 5:30. beach all day, sun, swim and indulge .. I'm too tired to go out. also we were soooooo disappointed with the food at 2 very expensive $$$$ restaurants. one dinner cost 432. and the other 150. (without tip). ate in the rest of the stay. I'd rather a fabulous lunch at orient, or amazing happy hour and snacks at yacht club smile
Posted By: lina

Re: Cooked in last night - 05/20/2021 01:13 PM

we have come to the conclusion, we would rather eat in than go out. We are early risers, about 5:30. beach all day, sun, swim and indulge .. I'm too tired to go out. also we were soooooo disappointed with the food at 2 very expensive $$$$ restaurants. one dinner cost 432. and the other 150. (without tip). ate in the rest of the stay. I'd rather a fabulous lunch at orient, or amazing happy hour and snacks at yacht club smile

Re: Cooked in last night - 05/20/2021 01:27 PM

432 for dinner. Hope there were more than 2 people.
Posted By: dolfer

Re: Cooked in last night - 05/20/2021 03:36 PM

We prefer cooking for similar reasons. A plus for us is the grocery stores. In the past Super U and recently Carrefour have proven to have very good fresh fish and beef and many other goodies. We broiled salmon twice and a ribeye one night. Yes, not cheap at the grocery stores but still cheaper than going out plus we usually have leftovers that become breakfast or lunch the next day.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline