TravelTalkOnline

Thank you, American Airlines!

Posted By: jazzgal

Thank you, American Airlines! - 06/05/2021 11:09 AM

As of April 1 (not an April Fools' joke), if you are traveling to the Caribbean first class, you can use the Admirals' Club without paying a fee. I am currently enjoying the Club in CTL, awaiting my flight to SXM. Just saved myself $59 by asking!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Thank you, American Airlines! - 06/05/2021 12:12 PM

Good for you! Hope your arrival goes smoothly in SXM..
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Thank you, American Airlines! - 06/05/2021 04:17 PM

Yes. Probably has to do with the partnership of Alaska Air and AA boardrooms. Alaska FC anywhere has had boardroom privileges. We did the same with a guest flying FC through CLT earlier this month. Great perk.
Posted By: cruzer

Re: Thank you, American Airlines! - 06/05/2021 06:24 PM

Do they also give you complimentary drink coupons in domestic airports like in the old days?

Re: Thank you, American Airlines! - 06/05/2021 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by cruzer
Do they also give you complimentary drink coupons in domestic airports like in the old days?

Nope. Just walk up to the bar and get it the way you like it. Premium drinks will cost a little extra.
Posted By: IslandBoi

Re: Thank you, American Airlines! - 06/05/2021 06:34 PM

i always thought it really lame AA didn't allow lounge access for FC caribbean travel....good to hear that's changing...luckily we've been able to use Priority Pass for lounge access in many airports....but none of these lounges compare to the upgraded lounges like AA Flagship or UA Polaris, those are really nice, night/day difference from "normal" lounges
Posted By: cruzer

Re: Thank you, American Airlines! - 06/05/2021 06:37 PM

I haven't been in a Club since the Great Recession when I let my membership of 15 years lapse and AA started cutting back on some airport clubs--notably SJC, but back then you didn't get free drinks in domestic airports on "nonqualifying" international first class travel, e.g. fly to SJO, no drinks, fly to PTY and you get them. SXM never counted for freebies. It sounds like this may have changed, I hope.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Thank you, American Airlines! - 06/05/2021 09:04 PM

I have an Alaska Lounge Membership which now also works at the AA lounges and did not even think about it when on the way down to SXM in April when we went into the lounge and while I was trying to find my AS Lounge Card the person at the person checking us in said I didn't need it once I showed them my tickets which were FC. Now I guess I know why, I thought she was just being nice.
Posted By: dolfer

Re: Thank you, American Airlines! - 06/06/2021 11:03 PM

Jazzgirl, are you currently ensconced on Little Bay? I hope all is well.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Thank you, American Airlines! - 06/07/2021 12:19 AM

Thats what we use for umpteen years now.

Re: Thank you, American Airlines! - 06/07/2021 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Kennys
Thats what we use for umpteen years now.

What do you use. Did I miss something?
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Thank you, American Airlines! - 06/07/2021 03:26 AM

He uses Priority Pass
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Thank you, American Airlines! - 06/07/2021 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by dolfer
Jazzgirl, are you currently ensconced on Little Bay? I hope all is well.

I am, for three weeks. Then I go to Horny Toad for ten days before returning home.

Re: Thank you, American Airlines! - 06/07/2021 01:07 PM

nice long stay.
Posted By: dolfer

Re: Thank you, American Airlines! - 06/07/2021 01:10 PM

Please give us lots of reports so that we can close our eyes and dream of being back on our favorite beach
Posted By: RM5 LI

Re: Thank you, American Airlines! - 06/10/2021 03:17 PM

Jazzgal, I hope I get the chance to meet you and enjoy a cocktail while at the Divi. Eight days and a wake-up before my flip flops hit the sand! smile
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline