TravelTalkOnline

AA Main Cabin extra

Posted By: ruralcarrier

AA Main Cabin extra - 02/25/2022 03:39 PM

Since the AA agents do not seem to know, can anyone with very recent personal travel experience from CLT to SXM on AA confirm if they do or do not serve complimentary alcohol in Main Cabin Extra seating? I was told they do the other day and today I was told they do not serve alcohol in any cabin seating other than first class.

I honestly do not know how they stay in business with the ineptness I have experienced on recent interactions with them

Thank you.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: AA Main Cabin extra - 02/25/2022 03:41 PM

As far as I know, AA is one of the ones that still doesn't serve alcohol, except in first, and you can't even BUY it in other classes.
Posted By: WVTCTE

Re: AA Main Cabin extra - 02/25/2022 03:41 PM

They ONLY serve in First Class, was just on them Saturday from Turks & Caicos
Posted By: Sunnykm

Re: AA Main Cabin extra - 02/25/2022 03:49 PM

Can confirm, however, that United does sell alcohol in coach. Flew last week.
Posted By: Beansbbq

Re: AA Main Cabin extra - 02/25/2022 03:53 PM

bring your own.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: AA Main Cabin extra - 02/25/2022 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Beansbbq
bring your own.

Would you really risk getting caught?

Re: AA Main Cabin extra - 02/25/2022 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Originally Posted by Beansbbq
bring your own.

Would you really risk getting caught?

My thoughts exactly.

Thanks to those who responed.
Posted By: Beansbbq

Re: AA Main Cabin extra - 02/25/2022 04:13 PM

My Bad! I just had to google it. I thought you still could and have the attendants open it for you. I believe you could do that at one point. Forget my [censored] remarks. Completely spaced that the pandemic changed everything.......
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: AA Main Cabin extra - 02/25/2022 04:17 PM

It's been forbidden for a long time.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: AA Main Cabin extra - 02/25/2022 06:05 PM

Hi J.D.,

American has tied their alcohol service, in the main cabin, to the existing TSA Mask Mandate, which is set to expire on 18 March 2022. The Flight Attendants and their unions are pushing forcefully for that date to be extended. I guess we will know soon enough.
Posted By: WayneB

Re: AA Main Cabin extra - 02/25/2022 07:22 PM

Yes, we flew Extra Legroom down here on January 28th, and no alcohol served, except in First. They did also announce that if you get caught self serving alcohol, they will have you arrested at the destination.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: AA Main Cabin extra - 02/25/2022 07:26 PM

Wow, that's pretty excessive..

Re: AA Main Cabin extra - 02/25/2022 08:13 PM

Thanks for the responses. To MY knowledge, it has never been permitted to bring your own aboard for consumption on the plane.

Kind of like filling out the EHAS form improperly, it is NOT something I am willing to risk.
Posted By: the captain

Re: AA Main Cabin extra - 02/25/2022 11:36 PM

Excessive to the hilt. Let’s face it. You can bring an empty Yeti bottle. Buy your drinks at the airport bar and fill up.

Airlines are loosing money. BUT given the amount of idiots making flying terrible, I can see their point.
Posted By: smalbany

Re: AA Main Cabin extra - 02/26/2022 05:16 PM

It is a violation of US law to consume BYO alcohol in the US on a commercial aircraft or onboard a US flag carrier in international airspace.
14 CFR 121.575

§ 121.575 alcoholic beverages: (a) No person may drink any alcoholic beverage aboard an aircraft unless the certificate holder operating the aircraft has served that beverage to him.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline