TravelTalkOnline

Fly in on Wednesday vs Saturday

Posted By: dolfer

Fly in on Wednesday vs Saturday - 05/12/2022 01:39 PM

I have ten days at The Belair reserved in November. I want to add four days to the reservation. Add to the front it's Sat - Sat. Add to the back becomes Wed - Wed.

I see that JB and Spirit generally only fly in on Saturdays which I am thinking is a good reason to fly on Wednesday.

What's better (not just considering flights but events, traffic, etc.), Wed - Wed or Sat - Sat?
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Fly in on Wednesday vs Saturday - 05/12/2022 01:45 PM

Any day other than Sat, would mean much less airport and road congestion, flights, people and usually a much smoother experience.
Posted By: pat

Re: Fly in on Wednesday vs Saturday - 05/12/2022 01:48 PM

We usually fly midweek both directions since we no longer have to deal with timeshare weekend check-ins and check-outs and I don’t think I’ve ever noticed much difference. If it was me I’d probably fly in early midweek but for no particular reason. Whatever you choose, enjoy!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Fly in on Wednesday vs Saturday - 05/12/2022 04:32 PM

There are other airlines other than those two that only fly on Saturday, or they have more flights on the weekend. Plus by that time, there may be a ship or two again home porting in SXM, so there may be some charter flights also on Saturday. Definitely the airport is a lot more busy on the weekend. Check in desks at timeshares definitely should be less busy on Wednesday and you may be able to stay later in your room, if you ask someone nicely, when you go to check out. Definitely NO reason to pick the weekend when you don't have to!!

Re: Fly in on Wednesday vs Saturday - 05/12/2022 08:18 PM

Thanks everyone. Wed to Wed it is. Can't wait to get back. Wish it were tomorrow.
Posted By: jollymonsrv

Re: Fly in on Wednesday vs Saturday - 05/14/2022 01:01 PM

Agree on “ Not the weekend travel/ check in” if you can avoid: while we have to do a layover coming home midweek, the short time is worth the absence of chaos

Re: Fly in on Wednesday vs Saturday - 05/14/2022 01:59 PM

Unfortunately where we live we either stay over night somewhere or drive 6+ hours. Usually overnight at O'Hare. Up veeery early in the morning but we should hit the beach by 2pm.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline