TravelTalkOnline

Look UP on the airport buses and report back.

Posted By: the captain

Look UP on the airport buses and report back. - 03/02/2023 02:07 AM

While on the airport bus that transports from terminal to airplane, we were delayed a good 8-10 minutes. I happened to look up to the ceiling and was DISGUSTED at the lint and possible MOLD on the ceiling of the buses, that flanked the edge of the vents.

It was plainly visible and may very well be a health concern. Breathing in mold is a serious concern. There's not enough scotch in the world to kill that fungus.

I intend to email PJIA to remedy the situation. That said, I would implore you to look up and see if you see the same. And report back here.

Breathe on, my friends.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Look UP on the airport buses and report back. - 03/02/2023 03:26 AM

I think I'll pass on that. Out of sight out of mind.đź‘Ť
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Look UP on the airport buses and report back. - 03/02/2023 01:00 PM

That may explain why I always have breathing problems upon arrival then it clears up after I check into place where we're staying.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Look UP on the airport buses and report back. - 03/02/2023 01:46 PM

Wow, the earth is standing still this morning!! I agree with Scubaman! duh grin

I don't think I want to know. For the short amount of time one is on the bus, I won't worry about it. I personally think it's a good idea to be masked up in that situation anyway, so hopefully that will help a bit.
Posted By: lcote

Re: Look UP on the airport buses and report back. - 03/02/2023 01:48 PM

Because PJIA needs ANOTHER project to delay fixing the other problems in that airport?
Posted By: Southshore

Re: Look UP on the airport buses and report back. - 03/02/2023 03:27 PM

In that climate, I suspect that it is not only the airport shuttles that have this problem. On other islands we travelled to, and in places we stayed in SXM, the condition of the air conditioning units/vents left much to be desired. For most of the years we travelled south, I packed a can or two of Lysol disinfectant spray and doused the air conditioner and other spots in the room.

In one place that we stayed (it shall remain nameless) the AC was so bad my husband purposely disabled it to force the hotel to move us to a better, healthier room.

Re: Look UP on the airport buses and report back. - 03/02/2023 03:30 PM

"Wow, the earth is standing still this morning!! I agree with Scubaman! "
I think I did feel a slight hesitation in the earths rotation this morning. dance

Re: Look UP on the airport buses and report back. - 03/02/2023 03:49 PM

Scuba--just hang on, or you might fall off! laugh

Re: Look UP on the airport buses and report back. - 03/02/2023 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Scuba--just hang on, or you might fall off! laugh

wave You're cracking me up. Good for us to have a little fun bantor in the morning. Hope your day goes well today and all is well.

Re: Look UP on the airport buses and report back. - 03/02/2023 04:01 PM

Scuba--been crazy stupid busy at work, so going a little nuts here! I wish it was June and we were sitting on our porch at Beachside, looking at the waves!

Re: Look UP on the airport buses and report back. - 03/03/2023 01:51 AM

Ok so, perhaps, DONT Look Up!

Seriously, mold sucks. Be safe
Posted By: jmbcomms

Re: Look UP on the airport buses and report back. - 03/03/2023 11:06 AM

WEAR MASKS ON THE BUSES!
Posted By: lcote

Re: Look UP on the airport buses and report back. - 03/03/2023 12:22 PM

Given how they pack you in like sardines, masks seem like a good idea.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Look UP on the airport buses and report back. - 03/03/2023 05:19 PM

Here is the link to the airport to lodge a complaint. https://www.sxmairport.com/contact.php
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: Look UP on the airport buses and report back. - 03/03/2023 06:17 PM

Certainly should be cleaner but personally I don’t go on vacation to do bus mold inspections, or any other kind of inspections. Hopefully the home or hotel is better ,mold free but doubt it. Sxm is a fairly damp climate and mold happens. Maybe enjoy the amazing weather and views otherwise it’s gonna be a miserable time.

Re: Look UP on the airport buses and report back. - 03/03/2023 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Colour1
Here is the link to the airport to lodge a complaint. https://www.sxmairport.com/contact.php

Thanks I already made the suggestion. joy

Originally Posted by foreversxm
Certainly should be cleaner but personally I don’t go on vacation to do bus mold inspections, or any other kind of inspections. Hopefully the home or hotel is better ,mold free but doubt it. Sxm is a fairly damp climate and mold happens.

Can't say I go on vaca doing the same either. Just so happened that we spent 10 on that bus and I looked up. It was pretty egregious.
As someone suggested, masks would definitely be advisable on the bus. Inhaling fungal spores can present a greater challenge on our immune systems than respiratory viruses.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline