TravelTalkOnline

Sea Trek adventure?

Posted By: EdB

Sea Trek adventure? - 05/28/2023 12:37 AM

I saw on another website about the Sea Treck adventure. I personally have never heard a thing about it...not even here or any other thread. Curiosity now has the best of me, and wondering if i missed this, or has anybody done it? It's an underwater, 20 ft helmet walk supposedly by a sunken plane and submarine? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks for any input.
Posted By: pat

Re: Sea Trek adventure? - 05/28/2023 12:49 AM

I’ve read about people mentioning it a few times but never actually heard of anyone doing it nor did I see any signs for it when on island. It sounds interesting so I hope you get some feedback.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Sea Trek adventure? - 05/28/2023 11:58 AM

https://www.seatrekstmaarten.com/wp/

Haven't done it, but have been on the boat that takes you to Divi and the "dive site" and snorkeled there. Think it would be pretty cool for a non diver.
Posted By: Rbailey

Re: Sea Trek adventure? - 05/28/2023 01:09 PM

Some years ago (at least 20+) there was a similar or perhaps the same operation on St. Maarten, but with much more "old school" helmets. It didn't involve any wrecks but was a fun experience for someone who neither dives nor snorkels.
Posted By: pat

Re: Sea Trek adventure? - 05/28/2023 02:51 PM

TY both for your responses. I do remember seeing ads for it featuring the old helmet style breathing apparatus ( at least 20 years ago and possibly more…….). Not for me but it looks pretty cool for those who would try it.
Posted By: the captain

Re: Sea Trek adventure? - 05/29/2023 01:55 PM

We didn’t do the dive helmet trip, but on our own private charter, we asked to go to the same site. Yes, there’s a sunken pier, small sub, helicopter, and the old Heineken plane( which broke apart since last year) I took a vid and some pics in this link below.

With a few breaths, I could snorkel down. But if you really want to explore, I’d definitely do the helmets or scuba.

Vid and pics here
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline