TravelTalkOnline

Another reason to avoid Sandy Ground

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Another reason to avoid Sandy Ground - 12/29/2023 04:22 PM

Link

Seriously, I would avoid Sandy Ground, even during the day. There's no telling when something could erupt there.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Another reason to avoid Sandy Ground - 12/29/2023 04:39 PM

60yr old doing a wheelie and losing control. To be expected with some of these hot shots. Luckily no others were hurt because of his antics.
Posted By: bostonbob

Re: Another reason to avoid Sandy Ground - 12/29/2023 06:25 PM

Carol I agree with avoiding Sandy Ground. To scuba,it appears that the locals are disputing the police charges. I will hold my judgement until the facts are proven. That being said,as a biker I absolutely hate how they ride in Sxm.

Re: Another reason to avoid Sandy Ground - 12/29/2023 07:26 PM

bob--yes, that's what I got from it, the locals disagreed with the gendarmes' assessment, that the guy was doing wheelies. And yes, what they do on bikes on island is a crime, in every sense of the word.
Posted By: Stevemech

Re: Another reason to avoid Sandy Ground - 12/29/2023 11:49 PM

Every time we drive through Sandy Ground on our way to Cupecoy from Orient, there are “wheelie” shows going on. Its always an accident waiting to happen. Scooters being driven way out of control.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Another reason to avoid Sandy Ground - 12/30/2023 03:15 AM

I would think the Gendarmes assessment is pretty believable. Not uncommon on that stretch of road.
Posted By: JeanneB

Re: Another reason to avoid Sandy Ground - 12/30/2023 12:15 PM

According to the locals, the man hit & killed was pushing his motor bike and was hit, possibly by an off duty gendarmerie…. And that it was a hit & run. That’s the scoop here….

Re: Another reason to avoid Sandy Ground - 12/30/2023 01:45 PM

Jeanne--wow, I hope that version is not the true one, for a whole lot of reasons.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline