TravelTalkOnline

Central Florida to StMaartin

Posted By: Richie

Central Florida to StMaartin - 01/17/2024 06:58 PM

Do any airlines fly direct to St Maartin out of Orlando
Posted By: ecm56

Re: Central Florida to StMaartin - 01/17/2024 07:24 PM

Assuming you mean non-stop?
Frontier - but the first ones I see are in June.
Posted By: Jamie

Re: Central Florida to StMaartin - 01/17/2024 07:25 PM

Depending when you want to go, Frontier flies direct from MCO to SXM Saturdays only during the summer months. Although that schedule doesn't make sense to me, we are among the few who like Frontier for the most part. I know there are some on this forum who disagree.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Central Florida to StMaartin - 01/17/2024 07:46 PM

Richie--as others have said, Frontier is currently the only airline that flies nonstop from anywhere in Central Florida, and then only part of the year. While I try to say "never", I seriously doubt I will ever fly Frontier again, after those shenanigans they pulled about the size of carry on bags. But I digress.

There have been rumors for years that Southworst will fly to SXM sometime soon. The rumor is that it would be from Orlando. But, as you can see, they are not my favorite people either. Just give me a d*mn SEAT!! We have lived mid-way between Tampa and Orlando since 2006. It takes us 1.5 hours to drive to either Orlando or Tampa and 3.5 hours to drive to Miami. The only nonstops currently from anywhere in Florida are the above Frontier, part of the year, AA from Miami and Spirit. AA flies every day, often 2 or 3 flights per day, depending on the season. Spirit I think only flies on Saturday. I am having a senior moment and don't remember if they fly from Miami or FLL. If you are close to Orlando or Tampa, you could look at connecting flights from there to Miami. However, when we have looked at those in the past, since we live so far from either of those, we could literally drive to Miami for the non-stop, quicker than we could drive to either Tampa or Orlando and do a connection. And then of course if you have a connection, then you have a connection, with all the folderol associated with that. If you are doing a connecting flight, you can fly from either Tampa or Orlando on Delta to Atlanta, and then on to SXM.

Other than one or two flights on Delta booked with miles, we have just driven the 3.5 hours to Miami. That works out best for us. IF you decide to drive to Miami, we park at Miami Park and Fly. Highly recommended.

Posted By: Richie

Re: Central Florida to StMaartin - 01/18/2024 03:31 PM

Do they transport you to Miami airport from park & fly
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Central Florida to StMaartin - 01/18/2024 03:44 PM

Yes, they have shuttles 24/7

Re: Central Florida to StMaartin - 01/18/2024 04:08 PM

Richie--I'm not certain the shuttles are 24/7, they didn't use to be, but perhaps that was during Covid. They are definitely there for any times we have wanted, which is between about 9 am and 9 pm. They are very close to the airport, so it would be a very quick taxi ride, if the shuttle wasn't available. The shuttles are very prompt taking you to the airport and very prompt at picking you up, if you call them. Or they often are just trolling the airport and often have a shuttle there, just down the concourse. They help you with your bags. Upon your return, they bring your car to where the drop off is for the van. Can't recommend them highly enough. Do make a reservation online if you decide to use them, as they are often sold out.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Central Florida to StMaartin - 01/18/2024 04:49 PM

I will reiterate again, the shuttles run 24/7!

park n fly website - link

Description: PnF#1
Attached picture Screenshot_20240118-114226.png

Description: PnF#2
Attached picture Screenshot_20240118-114351.png

Re: Central Florida to StMaartin - 01/18/2024 05:26 PM

OK, whatever, dude. You always have to be right..
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Central Florida to StMaartin - 01/18/2024 05:50 PM

I see you're a "Dude" too. Congratulations. I thought I was the only one. 😂
Posted By: FLJim

Re: Central Florida to StMaartin - 01/20/2024 02:53 PM

We also drive to MIA from Central Florida (although we fly to STT). Another option that we do - for trips longer than a week it's cheaper and easier to rent a car one-way to and from the airport - about $45 each way. Airfare from MIA (vs MCO) is usually cheaper enough to pay for a night at an airport hotel, too!

Re: Central Florida to StMaartin - 01/20/2024 09:06 PM

Jim--We are too far from car rental places for that to make any sense, but I'm sure it does work out for some.

BTW, I am not holding my breath, but Jet Blue said that they were going to be adding routes to the Caribbean. This could be related--or not--to the denial of their takeover of Spirit. PERHAPS they will add back a nonstop to SXM from Florida. They did have a nonstop from FLL for a while. Would love to see them do a nonstop from Orlando.
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Central Florida to StMaartin - 01/21/2024 01:02 AM

That would be awesome
Posted By: SirRichard

Re: Central Florida to StMaartin - 01/21/2024 04:50 PM

Spirit flies direct from Ft Lauderdale

Re: Central Florida to StMaartin - 01/21/2024 10:26 PM

Sir Richard--Spirit is nonstop from FLL, which is better than direct. Direct means there is a stop in between, but you stay on the same plane.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline