TravelTalkOnline

Le Galion

Posted By: annecd

Le Galion - 01/18/2024 02:53 PM

Are there any chairs or facilities at Le Galion? Traveling to Orient next week and it looks to be very windy for a couple days.
Posted By: the captain

Re: Le Galion - 01/18/2024 03:24 PM

No chairs. All gone since Irma .

I don't recall even a port-a-potty last year. But there is a surf shop to the right(when facing the beach) I think its sxmsurfclub. maybe reach out to them there?

But no chairs or food. Bring in /bring out. Its a BEAUTIFUL quiet beach though and we'd gone there since mine were kids.

edit: all that said, I know others here have recommended beach chair umbrella rentals that someone drops off to you and you keep for the week. Can someone recommend the local source for that? Im debating la Galion now and maybe we'd bring a cooler of lunch!
Posted By: pony600

Re: Le Galion - 01/18/2024 05:49 PM

Try packlightsxm.com
Posted By: Southbound

Re: Le Galion - 01/19/2024 12:03 AM

Le Galion is a beach we have never visited in SXM. I had read or heard somewhere some years ago that that beach was unsafe and/or harbored some unsavory folks. I don't remember ever hearing anything bad happening there so maybe it was just rumor, Anyone ever hear anything like that or experienced anything there that made you uncomfortable? Sounds like a nice beach to spend some time...
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Le Galion - 01/19/2024 12:13 AM

No problems any time I went there.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Le Galion - 01/19/2024 01:50 AM

Many years ago our friends had their rental car stolen there.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline